Options

Second IUI

Hi fellow soon to be single mama's...just wanted to update and ask a question. Had my second IUI yesterday, and felt a bit discouraged when the doctor told me the sperm count was 42 million, with 31% motility. For my first IUI, they said something about 45 million and 81% motility, which seems like and ENORMOUS difference. I got the whole, "it only takes one" speech, and am trying to be optimistic, but does anyone have any light to shed on the matter? Wish me luck, and much luck to you all.

Comments

• Options
    I can't remember,but what you just had sounds pretty familiar and very normal to me. I have never heard of 81%.
  • Options
    hi.... i had my first iui today and it was 16 mil count... should i b discouraged? i thought wow 16 million thats alot but now ur telling me with 45 mil u had no luck im getting iffy
  • Options
    Don't worry Emmy, according to Scott (CCB), anything over 5 million doesn't increase your odd, or so they say. Turns out I had 12.9 million post-thaw count, which is supposed to be more than sufficient. So, hang in there, and I wish you look. Looks like I may have to take Clomid next month if this time doesn't work out. I'm in the TWW right now, but I know the chances unmedicated are not as great, and I want this to happen as soon as possible, as I'm sure we all do. Good luck, and enjoy the TWW with me.
  • Options
    Don't worry Emmy! I had my first IUI 2 weeks ago and the count was 15 million and I got pregnant! My doc said 15 million was excellent and anything over 5 was fine. I did use a low dose of clomid and produced 3 eggs but only 2 matured. Just keep positive thoughts and it will happen. Best of luck to you Gltrbug.
  • Options
    Thank u guys.... i cant wait for next week to find out! Congrats Kellar and good luck Gltrbug!