Options

How many children have been reported with donor 11885? Also how long typically does it take for the vials to be shipped? I know the take keeps specimen frozen for up to 7 days but how fast will it get to my clinic in Boston?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Baby -

We can share if a donor has more or less than 5 reported pregnancies and if we've received birth reports.

Donor 11885 has 5 or more reported pregnancies and we have received birth reports.

If your account is complete and we've processed the A1 form from your physician, when you place your vial order, you can schedule it to ship out the next business day. The shipping time depends on the day of the week that it's shipped out on and the shipping method that you choose.

If this is your first time shipping vials, I would encourage you to call Client Services at least a week before you want the vials to arrive. They will help you select the best ship date and shipping method for your needs. If you wait too long, you may have to pay a higher shipping fee or risk not having your vials arrive on time.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi I as wondering how many vials are left with this donor
  • Options
    Hi LATV,

Donor 11885 has more than 25 IUI vials available and 1 IUI ART vial available.

Donor 14532 has 5 IUI vials available at the moment. If you are interested in this donor, I would call to reserve vials right away. These could be the last 5 vials for this donor.

Please keep in mind that if you are doing IVF you may only need 1 or 2 vials, but if you are doing IUI cycles we recommend purchasing 5 vials. We offer one year of free storage with the purchase of 5 vials and there's a 50% buyback option for vials stored at our facility.

If you are doing IUI cycles and want to have more than one child with the same donor, I would recommend choosing a different donor that has more vials available. For two children, we recommend purchasing 10 vials and we provide you with 3 years of free storage plus the 50% buyback option for vials stored at our facility.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank
  • Options

I am considering 11885 as well. Is there a reason he still has vials left from 2008? Does that have any significance or is that typical of the bank? For people with reported pregnancies with this donor, were there any complications?

• Options

Lena hart, I'm wondering the same thing. We just used donor 11885. No word on pregnancy yet.

• Options

@LenaHart @CaliBaby Donor 11885 was added to our catalog in 2010. Some of our donors sell out very quickly and some take a longer period of time for their vials to sell.

I've been with CCB for 12 years and these are some trends that I've noticed. We have almost 300 donors with brown eyes and since there are so many options, donors with brown eyes tend to remain on our catalog longer since there are so many choices. This donor has a unique ethnic background so he may be less of a "match" for some clients. A decade ago, not many clients were looking for a mixed donor. We definitely get more requests for mixed donors now than we did when he was added to our catalog. A couple other things are his major was Film & TV, many of our clients prefer donors who study math or science. And new donors that get added to our catalog appear first, so as time has gone by, his profile has been pushed further and further back in the Donor Search results. Some clients may never click through that far and even see him as an option.

His vials are perfectly fine to use. Once sperm is cryogenically frozen it goes into a state of suspended animation where it does not age over time. (We have a fertility preservation program too and have families with successful pregnancies from sperm that they froze 3 decades earlier.)

One important thing to note is that our older donors had genetic testing done, but not the same expanded panel that we do today. His genetic test results can be downloaded for free from his profile page and you can share them with your physician. If you have any questions, you can call our Genetic Counselors at 877-732-6384.

And one thing to keep in mind is that not all of our clients are looking for the same thing in a donor, which is why we work hard to offer a diverse catalog. It's important to focus on what's most important to you, your family, and your future child.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank

• Options

Hello! I'm due in August 2021 with a baby girl from donor 11885. I posted a message to the sibling registry bulletin board page for this donor. Would love to connect with any other donor families or siblings ! Please feel free to reach out to me via the sibling registry!