Options

Best time to test ovulation?

I'm planning to do my first IUI next cycle. My doc plans on doing a trigger shot when I get the "smily face", then two insemination the next 2 days. What's the best time to test ovulation? I've read conflicting reports. Some say morning, others between noon-3pm. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Here's my theory...you can't test too much! We test 3 times each day...sometime 4 times each day! We knew that the window of opportunity was very limited and we didn't want to miss our chance. We knew that my history showed that I O'd on CD15, so on CD11, 12 and 13 we tested at 5am, noon, 8pm. Starting on CD14 we tested at 5am, noon, 5pm and before bed. We got our positive OPK on CD15 at noon. If we only tested twice a day(morning and night)like most do, we may have missed it!

You do what you feel is right. No one knows your body like you do. But I say it's worth the extra money! Oh, and I would use the digital OPK's...they cost more, but are more user friendly!

And, by the way...we got a BFP on our first try!
  • Options
    How do you hold your urine for so long once you are awake? I am very impressed!
  • Options
    jackie...there's really no reason to hold your urine. You can start testing on your FMU (first morning urine).
  • Options
    I was told to test my second morning urine. I got a shock today and had a noticeably darker line. I called my doctors nurse and our first IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Last month I showed I ovulated on CD19...so I was not expecting this for a few days. I am still second guessing myself that I am doing this right.
  • Options
    Natalie...how many days are you ahead of schedule? I would strongly suggest to spend the extra money on the digital tests...that way you are sure...you can't mistake the smiley face! :)

Good luck with your first IUI! Baby Dust to you!
  • Options
    I used the digital test last month and my RE does not like them. They said that sometimes they show a day late or possibly after you ovulate. They like to catch it at the first sign of the surge. Then they do IUI the next day. I was four days ahead, but the doctor said my CM looked great and all the signs were there. I have had cramping, sometimes worse than others, and I feel like I am tight across my stomach...weird I know.I have been a bit dizzy as well. I am trying so hard to think positive but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up and then be devastated.
  • Options
    I guess every RE is different, but they worked for me. :)

I had cramping too...it's a good sign.
  • Options
    Natalie: How're you holding up, girlfriend?
  • Options
    I am going nuts...LOL. I called my regular gynecologist last week just to let them know I had IUI with the Fertility Doc. Anyway, I talked to the nurse. I told her two symptoms...backache and cramping...and she said, "I bet you are just by what you've told me". So then of course that has got my hopes up even more. So as of today I have had lots of symptoms but so far all tests are BFN. It is still early though. Mainly what I"ve had are Backache, cramping, mainly on left side, creamy CM, vivid dreams, exhaustion around mid afternoon, blue veins around aeriolas, some constipation, some diarrhea. Yesterday I had a temp of 99.4 with just a regular thermometer. I ate 1/2 a baked potato and felt horrible. Then my back ached so bad and I was so exhausted and queasy I had to lay down. I have been feeling really productive though. I have had sore breasts, mostly on the right, but not the nipples. It's kind of an aching sensation. I have also had some days when my skin seems really oily. Sometimes I am really hungry and then I start eating and it is like "blah". I have also had some headaches.

I really pray we get a BFP. We do not have funds to continually purchase vials. Due to a mountain of medical bills for my husband we have been unable to finance as well.

I feel like there is a good chance I could be BFP because I do not normally feel like this, however I am so afraid of getting my hopes up. I just got my donors numbers that CCB sent to my doctor and I don't understand it all. It was 60/52% motility, and Total Motile 3.0. I am trying to find out exactly what this all means right now...LOL...I am so uneducated.
  • Options
    No, not uneducated... just new!! Believe me, NOBODY here know what on God's earth was going on when they first got here!! :)

As for your paperwork, believe that means 60 million w 52% motility with a swim factor of 3... 4 is as good as it gets.

I just had my second IUI on the 17th so I'm currently 8dpiui... and resisting like HELL the urge to test!! BFP!! BFP!! BFP!! For BOTH of us!! :)