Options

Questions about IUI with meds

Hello there,

I have been TTC for about 6 months with IUIs at the doctor's office with no success. And after the last IUI my doctor tested me (blood test) and it came out that I was low on egg/ovulating, (even though my ovulation testers show strong LH surges). So next month I am using Clomid (50 mg 1 a day for 5 days (day 5 throw 9) and Estradiol (2 mg 2 times day for 5 days from day 8 throw 12) (both are pills).

WHEN TAKING THE MEDS, WHEN DO YOU OVULATE? My normal cycle is about 28 days. But does it change with Clomid and Estradiol.

AND WHEN SHOULD I ORDER MY VIALS????

My doctor thinks I with ovulate around day 16 but he said he is not sure but my normal cycle (when I ovulate) is day 15.

ANY EXPERIENCES ON OVULATION TIMING WITH MEDS?
AND ANY EXPERIENCES ON THE MEDS TOO?

I AM 33 AND HEALTHY.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

My partner and I just went thru the IUI process for the first time in June. We ordered our vial in early May. It was sent to our dr.'s office where it was stored. We also used the home ovulation test and it showed she always ovulated on the 13th day after she stopped her period. She had several tests by our dr before we even started the process to check her tubes to make sure they were open and to check to see how many eggs she had. When all that was ok we waited for her to start her period in June. The next day after she started she went to the dr and he put her on Clomid 100mg for 5 days. She then went in for a sono to check her follicles to see if they had grown, they did not. 2 days later she went for another sono to check follicles and they did not grow hardly at all. He assured us not to worry that she was just a late bloomer. About 3 days later we went for our 3rd sono and she had 1 follicle that had grown to about 15 1/2. He then gave us a shot of Ovidrel to give her in the stomach on Sunday night to make the egg drop and we went in on Tuesday for the insemination. Which long story short we were way off on our ovulation chart. It was the 18th day when she was inseminated. We are now 4 weeks pregnant as of today! Sorry it was so long but I hope this helps. Oh! She is also 33 and healthy. Good luck!!!!