Options

IUI ROOKIE

For the longest time I have wanted to be a mama. Single woman great career almost 30 and I don't feel complete. Was married when I was younger. Engaged in my late twenties. Mr. Right got lost and I am tired of waiting around . Please share your IUI stories. What's the process? How did you get started? Your out of pocket expenses? Is it hard being pregnant alone?
Thanks anything will help ;)
Very curious :)

Comments

• Options
    I started off by asking my OB if she would preform the IUI. I thought I would try there before trying to go to a fertility clinic. I figured I would try 3 times before going for more help. My doctor agreed to do the IUI in her office. I have an HMO and besides the cost for the sperm/shipping/etc. I had to pay roughly $200 for the IUI (no medications or ultrasounds.) I got pregnant on my 1st IUI with my first pregnancy and I am now on my 2nd pregnancy (pregnant on my 2nd unmedicated IUI).
    I can't speak to the single parent part....but I strongly encourage my friends who want to have a baby to do so before they get too old. If you are in the position to afford a child, and have a good support system then I say go for it....having a child absolutely redefines everything that you know about love. It really is a remarkable journey.
    I have a friend who at 35 just decided to have a baby on her own...She struggled a little bit with some anxiety in the 1st trimester, but now she is about 7 months and is looking forward to her life as a single mom.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information :) I really appreciate it. Making an appt with the obgyn !! Congrats getting preggers the first and good luck with your second :) how exciting !!