Options

PCOS, weight loss and pregnancy sucess

I'm 40 with PCOS and struggling with not getting pregnant. For those out there with PCOS and weight issues, has anyone had success after losing weight? If so how much weight? Thanks for sharing any info!

Comments

• Options
    My wife has PCOS (had an ovary removed because of it), had lap band and lost 80 pounds (she is 5'2 and is around a healthy weight now) and we just got a BFP this weekend! She is also 36.

So it can happen! We did a hybrid cycle of clomid and bravelle.
  • Options
    I did loose about 20-25 lbs to get pregnant, not that my Dr. told me to but they always say being overweight can hurt fertility, I was always overweight and before I got pregnant I had gained quite a bit I had stopped exercising always afraid if I was pregnant it would not be good but at the same time it was not helping me to loose. I put my mind to it for fear if I gained 20-25 lbs when pregnant I would not be able to do it, so in the end i gained about what I lost and then a few more, I gained most of my weight at the end my Dr. kepts asking if I was eating, I would always say do I look like I don't eat LOL I didnt start small so I didnt want to get to big.I did loose all of it after I delievered but 20 crept back on and I am just now starting to drop it again, I am down 5, I have another 20 or so ago to hit my prepregnancy weight and I was 15 lbs away from a weight I could live with when I got pregnant. I do believe dropping the weight helps getting pregnant. BTW I will be turning 40 in two weeks and my son is 8 1/2 months old :). I would love to do it again in 2 years but I worry b/c I will be 42. Baby dust to you :)
  • Options
    I believe losing weight does help you get pregnant because it can regulate your hormones and periods more...when you are overweight your periods tend to be irregular. Also the more overweight you are the more likely you are to get gestational diabetes and high blood pressure which can lead to other problems.

It's hard losing weight, it's like quitting smoking - you just gotta put your mind to it and do it. I'm still working on putting my mind to it lol
  • Options
    I agree I have never been thin but I wanted a baby and maybe it was the shots but I got my but on the elliptical for almost 2 hours a day over the summer (I am a teacher and off) and watched twilight over and over and over LOL it worked I droped almost 25lbs total got pregnant and my lil guy is 37 weeks today as a matter of fact. I was worried about my age and my weight and I have to be honest i had a dream pregnancy, I didn't gain to much pretty much what I lost. I gained most of it in the end which the Dr. said is good its all baby at that point my pressure was normal the entire time, my sugar was borderline high so I watched what I ate the entire time my treat..... my only non organic item a ring ding with organic milk LOL. Good Luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone. I would have hoped that wanting to get pregnant was enough of an incentive to get pregnant but so far it hasn't been.
  • Options
    that was supposed to be lose weight... Sorry
  • Options
    lol....that's cuz losing weight is HARD TO DO!