Options

2449, 11255, 11695. 11821. 12261 anyone?

I'm not even sure the question I have, but I guesss I'm wondering if anyone has used any of these donors and did you get a positive. I'm still struggling with the idea that my husband and I have such a small chance of conceiving togehter and not sure what to do. What is your experience? I'm having weird feelings like, what will my baby look like, will he/she be cute? How will I tell him/her? How will I keep it from others if I want my child to know? Donor is my husbands idea, but will he really be okay with it in the long run? How do I just make the decision to do this or just stop? Any advise you can give is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Just had IUI #1 w/ 11695. Will find out tomorrow if it worked!

There is a lot to think about.....but a couple I am friends with had a child via sperm donor because he did not produce any sperm. He said that once he saw his daughter he thought she was perfect and didn't care at all that she was not sharind his genetics. If it's your husband's idea, I'm sure he has thought about it long nad hard!

I have also thought about what to tell my child and how....no concrete answers but I have some ideas and I'm sure when the time is right I will find the way.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Angela1028,

Thanks for your comment. Today should be the big day. Praying that you got a positive!
  • Options
    Thank you, Faith! However, that cycle was negative. Also, the count was lower than the CCB guarantee on 11695. However, they are giving me a credit for another vial and they were very professional in handling that. Going to try again this month! Prayers for us both.
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm getting kind of curious because I've seen a few people post questions about CCB's counts. Luckily they will correct the situation and I haven't heard that from others. How long will you wait before you try again? I'm not sure what I'll do if that happens. I'm at my wits end and after having a failed IVF cycle with all the needles, drugs, and emotions if this doesn't work I'm going to move to adoption. Interesting though because DH and I are now going back and forth on wheter we will do another cycle. Good luck to you and take care of yourself.
  • Options
    I am trying again this month! I took the Clomid and then will have an IUI around May 13th. I have a different donor from another place for the next cycle, but I think I will try 11255 from here if that does not work out, or maybe 11821 if my doc will let me use a CMV + donor (I'm negative). Trying to find a CMV -, AA donor is not easy! At some point in time, will think of moving on to IVF if this is not successful, but this is only my 2nd month and the first month was with low counts so I'll keep this going for a while....

If this is your one try w/ donor sperm, maybe get 2 vials? That way, if the count isn't high enough w/ one they can add to it. I felt bummed about the first cycle even though the counts were technically enough to "get the job done". My RE wanted 10 million post-wash and I only had 5.9. I didn't want to feel like I had minimized my chance after the meds and expense to have a cycle. I was wishing I'd had another vial on hand.

Good luck to you and your DH!
  • Options
    any luck? I'm currently pregnant with 12261:)
  • Options
    12261 was a good choice for my partner and I as well. We are 8 weeks today. :o)