Options

LH surge more than one day?

Hi, have any of you ladies had positive LH surges on the ovulation predictor kits that last more than a day or two? For me had postive LH surge day 17 two = colored lines, than ovulated on day 18: temp rise, ovulatory pain one side, my nausea, most eggwhite cervical fluid etc.., but still had + LH result days 18, 19, and 20 which is today. ? And the past few days the test line is darker than the control line? Nicole

Comments

• Options
    Did your temp rise on day 18 or 19? Your temp rises the day after ovulation; so if your temp rose on day 18, you ovulated on day 17. Just wondering, because I wasn't quite sure from the information you posted!

I have had a positive LH surge as many as two days after ovulation, as well as a positive the day before ovulation and the day of ovulation, so that is four days of positives. Typically I time IUIs by taking the OPK in the evening. I will get an "almost" positive the day before my surge starts, in the evening, which is what I call a test where the test line is almost as dark as the control, but not quite. I then go for my IUI the following morning and then the next morning, as well. I ovulate the second day of my full LH surge, so I go for an IUI the day before ovulation and the day of ovulation. After several failed IUIs due to poor timing, this method worked for me on the first time. I am currently charting and using OPKs now in preparation for TTC Baby #2 in April. I just got my almost positive tonight (day 12) so I am expecting to ovulate on day 14 and see a thermal shift on day 15. We'll see if it happens.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    This was very helpful to read. I am going for my very first IUI tomorrow afternoon. I was a wreck all week afraid of poor timing. I had an almost positive last night, then an even darker line this morning so I called the Dr. and he said to come in tomorrow. So mrandmrswhite, your experience and my time frame are right on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Much luck to you in April.