Options

Using AA-Mixed Donors

Has anyone had any luck with AA donors or AA/Mixed Donors?

Comments

• Options
    We had great luck with 05270, it worked the first time! He had a really high count and great mobility.
  • Options
    I thought about using this donor, but when I read his facial profile it stated he had crooked teeth. My DH and I both have very straight teeth so this was a concern for me.

heatherNamy: Congratulations on your successful pregnancy!!! Woo-hoo! How old is your baby now?
  • Options
    Oh one other question. Would you mind sharing his count and mobility? =0)
  • Options
    heatherNamy,
    Congratulations! are you having a boy or girl?
  • Options
    natural~

You are absolutely right about the limited AA donor selection, especially if you are looking at CMV(-) or open donors.

We have used 2 different donors from CCB. We had 6 IUIs with the 1st donor and decided that if the 6th try didn't work, we switch donors. Well, I did get pregnant on the 6th try, but it resulted in an early miscarriage. We decided to switch donors anyway and we've used the 2nd donor for 2 additional IUIs & 1 unsuccessful IVF. We are about to use his LAST VIAL for our 2nd IVF cycle... I hate the thought of this not working. While I am not sure what we'd do at that point, I hate knowing we'd be back at selecting, yet again, another donor.

I can say that all the vials we have used from both of these donors have been great in terms of counts & motility. My eggs are more the problem than the frozen goods...

Good luck picking one that suits you!
  • Options
    heatherNamy~

In case you are interested, there are 4 kids registered to your donor on the Donor Sibling Registry site. 2 girls & 2 boys.
  • Options
    Thanks we are currently 8 1/2 weeks and starting to feel it,we seen the crooked teeth and I have very straight teeth but to me its not a big deal. I hope you find one that is perfect for you...we have to wait awhile longer to find out if its a boy or a girl, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Hey, Kimi723

How does 11821 look on the donor sibling registry?
  • Options
    mlawre~

There is no information on that donor on the website...

You are free to search for yourself, if you want. It is interesting.

Donorsiblingregistry.com

You don't have to be a member to get into the site & look at the offspring of the various donors registered, but if you want more info on the people that have registered as parents, you would have to join.
  • Options
    Kimi723,

First of all, Good luck with your next cycle.

Also, have you seen any offspring from Donor11050 or Donor 0549.

If you don't mind me asking....which donor are you using now?
  • Options
    Right now, we are using 11127, but he is now retired...

I did check the donor sibling registry site & didn't see anything for either of the ones you listed.