Options

12023, 11919, 05749, 11155

Hey Scott:

I am new to the Bulletin Board but my husband and I have been searching for months for the right donor. We have matched with LaTrice and have full access membership to all the donor profiles. My husband is Jewish and we are narrowing our options to any donor with any Jewish ancestry.

We are ready to make the decision ASAP.

The following donors are still in the running:

He is our #1 choice but we are only concerned that his weight is low at only 137 pounds at 5'11. So do you know if he is proportional, in- shape? I am small so our concern is if we have boys that they may be too small for sports or frail. My counsel advised that men can always use supplements to gain weight, however, 137 seems very thin. Your thoughts?

My husband really likes this donor too and although no baby photos I learned he looks very close to Joseph Fiennes. My only concern is the high-forehead. It is vain but I have a high forehead and I am a little self-councious about it. But it looks like he also has a strong square jaw to balance his face. Attractive guy?

He seems attractive with a strong technical mind but he did not match high on our list (which is not a major concern) but he also scored lower on attractiveness which was very surprising. Nevertheless, he seemed like one of the best options before we matched and is still not eliminated. Your thoughts?

He scored highest on matching and highest attractiveness. Otherwise,we are not crazy about his personality in his profile which again could be more influenced by nurture not nature. I did a little research and it seems from the newsfeed his sperm has not had a good success rate even with a high sperm count and mobility. Your thoughts?

Thanks Scott. If you have time to respond we would appreciate it!

LMB and AAB

Comments

• Options
    12023 - Young men tend to be skinny and fill out as they get older. He has a medium build, but not what I would consider athletic.

11919 - He does have a "highish" forehead, but it is not disproportional to his face. I don't think most people would even notice. Good looking guy with masculine features.

11155 - A bad picture in our system isn't helping his case (he looks kind of tired). All his features are individually attractive (nice eyes, full lips, strong jaw line, etc.) I think a makeover could do him wonders. I wouldn't worry about the attractiveness scale. It is very subjective and not something we use other than to differentiate between donors for matches.

5749 - I don't personally find him any more attractive than your other choices. Again, I would not let the attractiveness rating influence your decision one way or the other. I'm not sure what you are reading about his sperm, but he has had no issues with successful pregnancies. High count and strong motility are pretty much as good as it gets.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Any personal update or births on 12023 and 11919?
  • Options
    Hi P -

Both have more than 5 reported pregnancies. No new updates.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options

How can we tell a donors mobility rate? We've tried two different donors and are working on round 3 now but would like to know their mobility rates if possible before we order.

• Options

@TerraB

We provide information based on the total motile sperm count. Is there a specific reason that you are looking for motility percentage?

Our IUI vials have a target of 10 million motile sperm with an expected range of 7 to 13 million motile sperm. Our ICI vials have a target of 15 million motile sperm with an expected range of 10.5 to 19.5 million motile sperm. The reason we have an expected range is because depending on the thawing method, there can be a variation. Here's more info on our quality standards and how much motile sperm is needed to achieve pregnancy: https://www.cryobank.com/how-it-works/specimen-processing/specimen-information/

We have a stringent qualification process and less than 1% of applicants actually become Cryobank donors.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank