Options

What happened to all the previous posts on donor number 11937? It seems that they have been erased and why one day he had over 26 vials and then the next they were gone?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sallen -

11937 has plenty of IUI vials in quarantine. He should have a vial release within the next week.

I'm not sure what posts you are referring to, but there are still plenty here. I Googled "donor 11937 california cryobank" and got this:

http://www.cryobank.com/bulletin-boards/messages.cfm?threadid=143A0A29-3048-B003-6E5CCF19E1B9F966

Regards,

Scott
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

When I look up donor 11937 it says he has retired from the program. Are you saying that although he has retired there are still vials in quarantine? We were down to our last vial and I went in to purchase more today and that is when I saw the message saying he had retired.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi Yellow -

Not to worry. Because all donations are held in a 6 month quarantine before being released (so the donor can be retested for STDs), most donors are retired soon after their first vials become available (sometimes before).

Generally there are still ample vials in quarantine -- as in 11937's case.

This is why we stress the importance of planning ahead and purchasing enough vials to meet your ultimate family goal when they are available. If you wait until you are ready for a little brother or sister for your first baby, chances are the donor could be sold out. Even if you are only planning for one child, on average it takes 4 cycles per successful pregnancy so you want to store vials so they are available whenever you need them.

We offer free storage through our Family Today/Tomorrow program as well as the ability to sell back any unused vials that have not left our facility.

Good luck,

Scott