Options

My 1st IUI

Hi all.. I had my very 1st IUI today. I have cramps today and now in the night. Is this normal?
I assume it is, just asking

baby good thoughts!
Kara

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kara,
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Although my first IUI isn't for another week or so but I did also hear that cramps is normal. I think your fine.
    Good luck Kara :)
    Did the process hurt? My grandma wants to come with me to the appointment. Is it awkard to have someone in the room? I know its just like getting a pap but she says she wants to see how its all done.. kind of cute I thought but I don't know... lol.
    I hope you start feeling better soon and best of luck. When can you find out if your pregnant?
  • Options
    Hi,

I had my first IUI on 9/4. The process didn't hurt and the only awkard part is where they leave you sitting for 5 minutes with your butt tilted up. Thank goodness the table was heated!

I had a little cramping the first day and then it stop. The doctor said that was normal. And I am pregnant now off the first try. So don't worry until the doctor tells you to. :)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Yes, a little cramping is normal. :) Good luck to you!! KUP!
  • Options
    Yes cramping is normal, I have had 5 IUI and number is coming up Tuesday.
  • Options
    I will hopefully be starting my 1st procedure this upcoming cycle. I should start my cycle on or around Tuesday of next week. I am so nervous about the ovulation testing. I have had to buy two boxes of CBE. Last month I tried to test my ovulation and I stupidly didn't read the directions and peed on the stick without inserting it into the device it came with...I was on the phone with my mom trying to figure out why nothing was happening....ran upstairs to check the box and figured out my mistake...I went to test again and when I finished I must have thrown the device out accidentally. So I now have a brand new kit and now know how to use it. So I guess from what I am reading I should start testing on maybe day 10. I have had my vials sent to my doctors office already so it's one less thing to fret about. Anyway, I am just a bit nervous about getting this right. And it feels good to vent here. JPRANSK have you had yours yet? Baby Luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi Jana,
    Thats a funny story... thats exactly what i'm afraid of happening too.. however you saved me from peeing on the stick.. lol!
    I'm starting my testing tomorrow, cd 9 for me. I'm thinking it might be a little early but thats ok i'd rather be safe than sorry (or too late).
    I'm so excited about this whole experience yet so nervous. I hope it takes but everyone keeps telling me not to be dissapointed if it doesn't as its only a 5-10% chance of getting pregnant. BUT STILL.. how could you not be dissapointed.
    Anyways.. I keep just telling myself if its meant to be i'll get pregnant.. if its not then maybe next month.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Jana and all of you!
    Baby luck to all of us :)
  • Options
    Hi JP, I left you a question on the other tread, but found my answer here. Good luck to you!

I am for sure going to start testing earlier this time and will test twice a day. After reading the post by JanaBNY, I'm for sure going to read the instructions twice. Mine didn't come with a "device" and now I'm wondering if I missed something.... There were days where I didn't have lines and days when I did sooooo.....
  • Options
    Hi Karaona,
    How you doing?

Congrats adarra... how soon after the IUI can we take a preg test? My Doc is saying 2 weeks 14 days... thats gonna be a long 14 days. ha ha...
  • Options
    Had my first IUI today.
    So excited.... but trying not to get my hopes up YET. This is gonna be the hardest 2 weeks.... waiting.. OMG!
    Good baby luck to all!
  • Options
    Hi,
    I had my surge an hour ago! I am so excited :) I will have my first IUI at 730 tomorrow morning! :) Jana
  • Options
    Good luck Jana. I had #2 last Tuesday. Welcome to the 2ww.
  • Options
    Thanks Erika! I had the procedure this morning. I had very mild cramping during and after. And now I am waiting! I am very excited and glad to wait with you!
  • Options
    BFP today! Yay! I am so excited. Had a faint line yesterday, used Clear Blue Easy this morning and it was very clear!