Options

trying to decide between two donors...Advice please

We are just starting this process. We are choosing to use donor due to hubby having vasectomy during his first marriage after two children. Infertitlity docs are telling us the only way to concieve with his sperm is with IVF w/ TESE. But that is VERY expensive and I have no problems getting prego as I already have four daughters no problems concieving them. So we are trying to decide between two different donors donor 3409, and donor 5575. Honestly I cant choose 3409 has more of my husbands traits brown hair brown eyes, donor 5575 has blue eyes but I also have blue eyes and donor 5575 seems to have better stats in other areas. I have read that 5575 has a good apperance rating. So I am totally undecided which one to use!!!! Any advice?? We have first appt with new fertility doc on Thursday to discuss our options IVF versus IUI. But we have pretty much decided to do IUI with the donor sperm just cant make the choice. Any advice would be very much aprieciated!!!

Comments

• Options
    We are using donor 5575. But I also know that having the baby look like your spouse is important too. Let us know what you decided!!
  • Options
    Hi vic75...

5575 was a top choice for us too. We went with another because his baby picture looked "familiar" to us. We actually opted not to use this donor because of his family characteristics (mom red hair and green eyes). There is no one in either of our families that have these characteristics.

We went with another one....and the more I reread his profile and look at his picture, the more confident I am about the choice. My husband never cared what the baby looked like. Jokingly, he always said, "As long as the donor is tall." (My husband is only 5'8").

Good luck with your decision....either will be great when you see the end product.
  • Options
    Sorry.....confused myself with another donor we were looking at. 5575's mother doesn't fit the above description. Sorry....but he was our 2nd choice.
  • Options
    We went to RE today and everything looked good clear tubes and uterus looks great!!!!! We go back tomorrow to meet the actual doc we will be using. The doc we saw today said the plan would be to do two medicine free cycles and see how that goes then we will discuss low dose med cycles and such from there. We have decided to use donor 5575!!! And as soon as we get the ok we will be placing order. Looks like we will be starting first cycle next month!! I will post again as soon as we know something.
  • Options
    So exciting Vic!! Looks like we will be using the same donor and be on the same IUI schedule!! We will def have to keep in touch! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Alivin- that is awesome same donor same cycle I hope it works out good for both of us!!! We go back to the doc at 415 today. I will post later and update if the doc tells me anything different.
    Vic
  • Options
    went to doc and everything is good for my next cycle!!!! so we should be inseminating late may early june!!!
  • Options
    We just placed our first order for donor 5575 !!! We are super excited!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My husband and I wanted to use donor 3804 but found out he is now unavailable. Has anyone used donor 5575 and would be willing to let us know about your experience? Any information would be so helpful!
    Thanks for your time. My contact info is
    adelmore@live.com
  • Options
    I placed our order with 5575 but that is as far as I have gotten so not much to share yet.
  • Options
    We are using him too!! Our 1st IUI will be in June. Has anyone had success with him on here or used him??
  • Options
    Vic do you know around what date your IUI will be?? There may be a possibility that we may do our IUI in May as well!! However I am still hoping that we have to wait until June because that would mean that I am graduating from graduate school on time!

I went to the DR. on Friday and he said everything looks good. I will get all of my bloodwork back on Wed.

I saw you joined the CCB Facebook page, I will have to friend you! Sending lots of baby dust your way!
  • Options
    I have a question.. this is our first time trying IUI. I am supposed to get my period tomorrow and the doc said to call when i do and then we would start testing for surge at about 9 to 10 days after that. Can anybody tell me about how many days from when you start you period that you would typically see the surge and then get insemenated? Just curious. I was trying to figure up when I would be getting the procedure done. Any advice would be great!!!! Thanks!!!!
    Baby Dust to everyone:)
  • Options
    Hi vic
    Everyone is different but usually you see the surge on day 14 after the 1st day if your period. I would start testing around day 12. That's why they typically have you tracking for a couple of cycles to see when you surge. Get the digital clear blue easy ovulation test kit. It's super east and clear to read. You get a smiley face when you are surging or just a circle when u are not. Typically that predicate that your best changes of getting pregnant are over the next 24-36 hours. Good luck!!