Options

My husband and I are really interested in this donor. Everything in his extended profile, express yourself essay, staff impressions and even baby pics are impressive. My only reservation is that he is so thin at only 137 pounds and 5'11. He is described as "athletic build" but I am small at 5'3 and 105 pounds so if we have a male I hope he is not too small.
Any additional information or recommendation would be much appreciated as we are trying to decide ASAP before my next cycle which is any day now!

We are both lawyers so we tend to overanalyze and can hardly decide on dinner so picking a donor is challenging to say the least.

We are also considering the following donors that all have some Jewish ancestry:
(But no baby photos)

our CCB's #1 matching choice but not so crazy about personality although that could be more influenced by nurture than nature but also not sure he has been successful with pregnancies after doing a little "newsfeed" background search.
(Seems smart especially excelling as an immigrant from Ukraine with a thick accent; he is already a father and "tall and handome" on profile but CCB gave him one of the lowest matching scores and 6.5 on attractiveness which is lower than most other donors we matched, but he is titled "handsome" and his sister is an ex-model...)
11627 (again, no baby photos).

Any additional info is much appreciated!
Please post your email if you prefer to discuss via email.

Thanks!

LMB

Comments

• Options
    Hi Gracetar,

12023 is average according to the BMI chart on the CDC website.

For the information you entered: Calculate again: English | Metric
    Height: 5 feet, 11 inches
    Weight: 137 pounds

Your BMI is 19.1, indicating your weight is in the Normal category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 133 to 179 pounds.

Maintaining a healthy weight may reduce the risk of chronic diseases associated with overweight and obesity.

For information about the importance of a healthy diet and physical activity in maintaining a healthy weight, visit Preventing Weight Gain.
    BMI Weight Status
    Below 18.5 Underweight
    18.5—24.9 Normal
    25.0—29.9 Overweight
    30.0 and Above Obese

So he is definitely on the smaller end of normal but still in the normal range.
  • Options
    my baby brother (he's 22 but still my baby) is 5'11" and about 170 now but when he was in school is was 140-145 i could email you a photo if you like so you can kind of tell. he was skinny but played basketball and baseball so he had an athletic build also.
  • Options
    Jala - your message was very helpful and I really appreciate the insight. I will pass it along to my husband.

I would really appreciate seeing the picture if it is not too much trouble. I have been told by CCB that 12023 does not look frail and has a "cyclist" build although he does not cycle. He was a sprinter in high school though and does martial arts while working part time at a gym.

Do you mind posting your email address and I will respond via email?

Thanks
  • Options
    of course - laura.mclane@chw.edu
  • Options
    btw my partner is a jewish lawyer as well and it took us forever to find a donor we both agreed on :) honestly once you have that little one in your arms you won't even remember the donor info it will be this perfect little being you and your husband created...i am the non-birth mother and i get told all the time how much our son looks and acts like i do. (we didn't pick anyone who resembled either of us)
  • Options
    Hi, me and my husband are going with this dornor. If anyone has his audio or facial features we would love to view them. thanks tons. jasonandbrandy09@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I went with this donor and had a baby recently by him - August 2011. I am short and so is my family, but I don't care a whole lot. My baby is 4 months now and is healthy and beautiful. There seems to be a few features that are similar to him but my boy looks like me! No health problems so far, very healthy. He did have a blood infection while in the hospital but due to my bad birthing experience. My only qualm - my baby doesn't like to sleep during the day at all which makes for a trying day!