Options

January Anyone?

It's been a little over year since I met with my RE for the first time. I've been back and forth about when to go through the process, picked a donor in April and was told by my GYN to lose some more weight.

I went to her today and I have lost 38lbs since last year. I am happy to say that tomorrow I will let my RE know I'm ready to have iui a few days into the New Year.

Anyone else anticipating for January?

Comments

• Options
    I will be going through my first IVF cycle in January.
    Happy Holidays and here's to a fertile 2011!
  • Options
    Congrat giftofjoy for the progress! I am sure 2011 will be our year to celebrate motherhood!! I am planning to try my first IUI next month. Sending you cheers and sun waves from Florida!!
  • Options
    Hi ladies ! This is awesome! I got the ball rolling today and had lots of questions, although most of them had been answered here already;but there's nothing like getting info from the horse's mouth right?

I decided to have HSG. My doctor says it probably unnecessary, but I'd rather be on the safe side.

I pray for all that are ttc and going through this journey and healthy happy babies !
  • Options
    I haven't been to my first appointment yet and was wondering what an HSG is??? Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    Hi MGALBN an HSG is a test that uses dye that runs through your fallopian tubes. It is used to diagnose whether or not your tubes have any obstructions. At my doctor's office, I was able to see the dye running through my tubes on the screen. My results were immediate. Not sure whether all machines are the same. But, that was my experience. They do this test after you stop bleeding from your cycle, but before ovulation (if I'm not mistaken). Some of the tests you take will depend upon timing of your cycle. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    I will be doing my 5th IUI in January. Baby dust and firtle New Years to all!!! Happy Holidays.

M
  • Options
    Thanks cmgentryb... I was also researching it on the internet. What did your doctor say about using xrays? Seems like women are always told they should never have their reproductive area xrayed...The whole thing makes me nervous!
  • Options
    Hi MGALBN,

I am also cmgentryb. I haven't asked about taking xrays. But, I know that, in general, you shouldn't get xrays. I don't plan to during my pregnancy. If you're asking whether the HSG is unsafe because it is an xray, I haven't done any research on it, but I don't know that the HSG is an XRAY, per se. I'm not sure that it uses radiation. Again, I didn't do too much research, and I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a problem.

What makes me more comfortable is that my doctor recommended it and performed the procedure. His practice is one of the best in Florida. The doctors there are always winning awards. I really trust him in this. And if I hadn't had the HSG done, I would not have been able to get pregnant because I would not have known that both of my tubes were blocked. Also, there is a belief that women are more fertile after an HSG because the dye running through the tubes helps to flush the tubes.

I don't know if this answers your question. But, I hope it helped in some small way.
  • Options
    It helps, poster-of-many-names (hehehe). This may sound silly, but wikipedia says its an xray test. I believe they say the radiation dosage is so low that it's nothing to be concerned about. If hundreds of REs are recommending it, how can it be wrong, right? Just makes me nervous about it! Hopefully my RE won't require me to have it done.
  • Options
    4th IUI yesterday. Let the 2ww begin.