Options

Low sperm count 12922

Am so disappointed, went in for mu IUI ( which was supposed to be my last prior to moving on to IVF.), all good on my end, 3 good size follicles present.
My specimen however had very low sperm count , to the extend that MD did not wash it, afraid more would not survive.
Due to shock, did not ask what exact numbers were but will call tomorrow.
Sad this happened, feel like I have been cheated out of an honest chance !

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry Katrini!!! It's so weird because when I ordered all of my 4 vials late last year...his counts were great!!! Maybe he's in a relationship? Having sex when he says he isn't (I heard they have not have had intercourse for so many hours/days before donating). I don't know!!!

I was really hoping you would have a successful IUI this cycle. The vial that got me pregnant had 62 mil! I still have 3 of his vials in storage here in Portland that I will be selling once I have my daughter...they are also great specimens!

I would call client services and def. see if they can help you out in some way.

Much luck!!!
  • Options
    Hi Katrin -

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please speak to your physician and have him/her complete our specimen report form. Once we receive the form we can investigate this further. Please feel free to speak to Melonee at x1240 if you have any questions.

Also, if the vials that you purchased were IUI vials, it is not recommended for these vials to be re-washed, as sperm will be lost during the washing process. ICI vials should be purchased if your physician's office is going to do the washing for an IUI.

Talia - Please note that every donation we receive goes through a quality control process. If for any reason, the donation does not meet our specimen requirements, the sample is not accepted.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB