Options

IUI too early?

Hi! I had my IUI yesterday in the doctor's office. I tested positive using ovulation kit at 8:30 in the morning and they did the IUI at 12:00 that same afternoon. After reading about other peoples experiences, I'm a little worried that this was too early... most say to have the IUI the next day. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ryanhl,

don't worry too much about it. everybody is different in when they release their egg. you may release your egg within a few hours of the LH surge, in which case, you will be fine. i am firmly convinced that it is all a timing game. which is why some have to make several attempts before actually conceiving. based on my own personal experience, i think i have to wait as late as possible after the LH surge to inseminate. my first two attempts were 18-24 hours after the surge which, i believe, for me were too early. but, again, everyone is different. i have read that you should actually inseminate prior to your surge, but i really think that would depend on the type of sperm you use. fresh sperm can live up to several days after insemination, so if you inseminate early, they'll still be hanging out in there, waiting for the egg. if you use unwashed sperm (ICI), they can live longer than washed sperm. there are so many factors that it really is a guessing game. which is not fun for your emotions (or your wallet!!), but it's all part of the experience. I'm sure once we get that desired end result, everything will feel worth it.

i wish you much success!!!
  • Options
    Jenhar616...
    Thank you so much for your response. It is a very emotional thing.... i'm constantly not sure if I am doing the right thing with the timing and all. I appreciate your advice & support. :)