Options

ICI vs. IUI

Hi...I am curious whether anyone has used a ICI sample as opposed to an IUI sample. Our DR has suggested that we order a ICI vial as this is unwashed, less expensive and has more to it. Has anyone used an ICI and gotten pregnant? We had low counts from a previous donor with a different company. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hey there! Our RE likes to use ICI samples and wash them at their office for IUI use. She said in their experience, they tend to get a slightly better sample this way (she did say this is their preference and CCB does an excellent job). That being said, we are in our second TWW currently. Our first cycle, our samples for insemination had lower sperm count than one would expect...with our first vial being 2.2 million and the second being 3.7 million. We switched donors, and this cycle our first vial had 8.8 million on the first day and 5.5 million on the second day....So much improved this time around with different donor...So I don't know what to think...Not sure if it had to do with the first donor having substandard samples...or if it is the wash at the RE office...

Next time around we may just end up purchasing IUI vials and skip the ICI with RE washing. We have friends who have used the same RE so I know they are reputable and we just love the office...just in my heart I feel maybe we should buy IUI...What did you guys end up purchasing?! Wishing you BABY DUST!