Options

irrational fears

Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it. After an IUI, until I know the outcome, I am so scared to do anything physical....even just simple gardenining. I know women get pregnant every day without knowing it and go about their normal lives and have healthy babies....but does anyone else get irrational fears or feel like they need to be wrapped in bubble wrap??

Comments

• Options
    Nope, it's not just you. The first few days I was nervous about going over bumps in the car! I mentioned in another thread about being afraid to go to spin class, but I talked myself out of that fear. I figure fertilized eggs are like men - if they can't handle a little adversity, I don't want em. No, seriously though, if the fertilized egg is so fragile it can't take a few lumps, its probably too fragile to make it to the embryo stage and even more likely it won't survive through the first trimester, no matter what you do. There are reasons that implantation doesn't occur and reasons that miscarriages do occur - there is something wrong with the genetic code. It's the ones that can take a tumble and get right back up that are the good eggs (pun intended). Survival of the fittest. I'm not saying it's a good idea to start a cage fighting career or start running marathons for the first time or do major weightlifting, but low impact light to moderate exercise won't hurt a bit. My ob says absolutely not to get my heart rate over 140 and I think by a lot of standards that is considered very conservative. Exercise is good for us and baby. Hang in there, you past the halfway point now!
  • Options
    Jaimec, I understand your fears. It can be nerve racking. I think mild activity is a good thing. But you should definately watch your heart rate.

Shonarb, keep in mind that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage. And as a woman who has suffered
    through loosing a baby, it hurts and you do ask if there was someting you did that caused it. Even if you know that the miscarriage happened because something was probably wrong with the baby.

My philosophy now is what harm is there in taking two weeks to just relax and nurture the possible new life you are carrying? Heaven knows we have struggled and been through emotional ups and downs. Dont we deserve it?

Baby dust!
    M
  • Options
    I always took two weeks off from running after my IUIs. I'd just take long walks. I figured that I spent so much time, energy and money trying to get pregnant that I wanted to make sure that if anything went wrong it wasn't b/c of anything I had done. Why risk it?
  • Options
    Agree w/ shonarb73... I asked the same thing and was told walking is the best form of exercise during these times. I actually feel guilty not over doing it, I'm used to bootcamp and cardio kickboxing and getting my HR above 140-180. I feel like I will gain weight and not be @ my optimal happy self w/o all the endorphins. If I just eat very healthy and walk either outdoors w/ my dogs or on the treadmill I'm maintaing and I'm ok w/ that! Good Luck!!!