Options

Need reassurance

hello everyone-
i feel like i need reassurance but don't even know where to start. i've read all the entries and feel guilty for feeling like this b/c so many of you have had much more than me. i have had one IUI and it didn't take. i can only afford one more time and am planning it here soon. i'm 39. i guess i feel cheated by the biology of everything. i feel regret- but not sure for what exactly- waiting too long, not saying or doing something different when i was younger. once i found out the IUI didn't take, i had my moment of disappointment and went on with my day- how horrible! i don't know if it's some form of self-protection??? my family and friends are supportive yet i couldn't tell anyone i even had the IUI. i guess my issue is the realization that my dream of being a mom may not happen- that was the disappointment. i had never ever tried to get pregnant before with treatments or past boyfriends. it just hit me in the face. anyway, i need some encouraging words...and that magic baby dust to find its way to me.

Comments

• Options
    It's a tough realization that we are in the position doing this very medical process, basically, alone, without knowing if the good ole fashion way would work. I think about that all the time. I think, how easy it would be to just "enjoy" with my significant other and poof I'm pregnant. Unfortunately, life is full of different situations and this just happens to be ours. I'm almost 38. I also had my first unsuccessful IUI a month ago and decided to jump right to IVF. They do have loan programs available if need be. My doctor's office is a wealth of information as I'm sure yours is too.
    Please know there are so many people here who are going through such a similiar situation as you. What I have found very helpful is talking about this with my inner circle of family, friends, neighbors, co-workers...They have all been unbelieveably supportive. I say that this soon to be baby (whenever I get pregnant) is not just mine. He/she will have many aunts and uncles. Wishing you the BEST!!!!
  • Options
    I so understand. I am also in the same situation. I will be 39 soon and I have been seeing my RE since oct last year. I have not done an IUI or anything yet, but I was diagnosed with PCOS. I wish I hadn't waited so long to find out (i didn't know much about reproductive problems until I started wanting children and I looked at not getting pregnant with my ex-fiance as a blessing because I was afraid to get pregnant without being married)

I too feel sort of guilty because i waited so long. career moves, school, family responsibilities, and trying to alter my singleness in order have a child(ren). Most of my friends children are teenagers or adults and they are soon to be empty nesters and I'm just trying to begin. I pray that your next IUI takes.

I continue to rejoice everytime I read about someones success and pray for the same. Stay strong and read through the posts of some of the women that have triumphed and know that it is possible.

I'm planning to have my IUI in December/January.