Options

First IUI unsuccessful, I'm having a hard time...looking for support

Hello everyone! My wife and I just had our first IUI two weeks ago and found out on Friday I am not pregnant. Going to be starting the second cycle now. I know it's only the first try and the chances weren't that high. I'm just having a really hard time understanding how it couldn't have worked...all the preventative things they did, the clomid, the progesterone ect. My doctor said I was fertile Myrtle. I really just thought it was going to happen. Now that it hasn't I'm really taking it hard. Just looking for support from anyone who has been in a similar situation. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kimme012,

We are in the same boat. I had back to back IUIs on August 11th and 12th. After taking Clomid, using the Ovidrel trigger shot, and having my progesterone tested... I really thought it would be successful on the first try. I took an HPT this morning and it was negative. It is true that the success rates on the first try, I've read, is only about 20%, but that doesn't change the feeling of disappointment and the worry of what the future will hold. However, in positive news, the rate for lesbian couples to successfully become pregnant by the 6th IUI is 70%, and that gives me some hope. Maybe it will be helpful to you as well. I really hope it happens for both of us on IUI #2.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are in the same boat! Unfortunately I don't think I can afford 7 rounds. Yes I hope we are both successful on round 2!
  • Options
    Ugh. Yes, the cost is definitely a lot. :(

I just heard about this program, Compassionate Care, that will help pay a lot of fertility costs for people who do not have insurance or don't have insurance that covers fertility treatments. You just have to apply online: https://fertilitylifelines.com/how-to-save/savings-for-self-pay-patients/
  • Options
    Hi Ladies-
    I often have to remind myself that this is a process and even if I do everything right it may not result in a pregnancy. Maybe a negative result is for a reason, like my body just wasn't ready that month to be able to start the journey and carry a baby to term, or maybe there wasn't a reason, maybe it just simply didn't happen that month. Either way I try to keep in mind that this road may take a long while until its my time. :)

I hope round 2 is a success for both of you.

I just had my IUI #2 last week!!! Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Wanted to wish you all the best on the attempted iuis. Please feel free to reach out to me at claybornnation@yahoo.com.

My wife and I tried for 2 years . Me 3 attempts and her 5. The 5th one took, and we have a baby due Christmas Day.

We understand the struggle, and are here for anyone that needs support.

Baby dust!
    Laura