Options

On Lexapro 10mgs

On Lexapro and looking to conceive. My doctor told me it was ok to stay on it, does anyone have any info on this matter?

Comments

• Options
    I was on 10mg of Lexapro. My RE told me to get off of it before TTC, so I was weaned off of it before I started with my first IUI. He said it was best to get off any meds before TTC, it was the only med I was on.

It was def challenging coming off of it as I quit smoking at the same time but I am glad I did. My doctor has told me that I will probably need to go back on it after I give birth, I am 18 weeks pregnant now. I do feel some anxiety which was the orginal reason I went on the Lexapro in the first place but I think becoming single Mom also has alot to do with that and all the hormones :)
  • Options
    Lexapro has just recently been approved for use during pregnancy.
    I've been taking Lexapro for awhile & I switched to Zoloft which has been considered safe for pregnancy for a few years.
  • Options
    My OBGYN and RE said Lexapro is fine.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the feedback. It's a tough decision to make to stay on it or not but the last time I did an IUI I got off of the Lexapro, and all the symptoms came back with a vengence and needless to say the IUI didn't work. So I think it's better for me to stay on it so taht I won't have panic attacks anymore; they are not fun....