Options

Reported pregnancies for 05653

I wanted to know how many reported pregnancies this donor has? Also when was this donor released?

Thank you,
M

Comments

• Options
    Hi M404 -

Donor 5653 was first released in 2005 and has more than 5 reported pregnancies.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Has Donor 5653 had any additional reported pregnacies since July09? Also, has he had any reported miscarriages?
  • Options
    Hi sls -

We do not give out reported pregnancies beyond "More than 5".

We do not give out specific information on reported losses, but as approximately 20% of all pregnacies (natural or artifical insemination) end in a loss, it is not unusual for our donors with multiple pregnacies reported to also have losses.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Sls249, I miscarried with 5653. I tried 6 IUI's and 1 IVF with him. My partner tried 3 IUI's and 1 IVF with him. Then our doctor told us to try a different donor. Just something to think about...
  • Options
    Hi All -

Sheree, I'm very sorry to hear about you and your partner's difficulties. Unfortunately, this process can take longer and be more emotionally draining then anyone ever expects.

Changing donors is always an option, but I want to point out that the sperm has basically nothing to do with the ultimate success of a pregnancy once the egg is fertilized. Sperm is just a messenger. The egg and uterus control the progress of the pregnancy. While there are rare occasions of chromosome abnormalities in sperm that can potentailly contribute to a loss, the egg has a natural defense mechanism that does an amazing job of keeping out abnormal sperm. More over, we do chromosomal analysis on our donors as part of the screening process.

Lastly, this donor has multiple successful pregnancies and births, suggesting that he is fully capable of contributing to a successful pregnancy moving forward.

Again, I am all for change for the sake of change (and sometimes you can find a new donor you prefer to the original). However, scientifically speaking, there is no eveidence to suggest changing donors will change your chances of success. Ultimately, I say trust your gut and do whatever feels right for you.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB