Options

First IUI with 13676!

I'm in the waiting room now. I'm nervous, I really don't know what to expect but my wife's here and our fingers are crossed.

Comments

• Options
    Best of luck to you! May your tww fly by.
  • Options
    have you taken any test yet? i used the same donor and his numbers were really good! my IUI was on 7/17/14 so ive got a week and a half left.
  • Options
    Keep me posted! I have a beautiful baby girl from donor 13676 (born 6/12/14). :) Kate
  • Options
    Hello Kate,
    Did you order this donors child photos? The reason we chose him is because his nose resembled my spouses and I was wondering if you yet could tell if your little girl got his nose? Still holding out the tww... Well 3ww for me because I'm just holding out for af. I do have some symptoms but I'm unsure if all of it is from the ovitrelle and clomid. Our iui was on the 14th.
  • Options
    my IUI with this donor was on the 17th...my AF is suppose to be here on the 31st. I took a HPT Monday and this morning(Tuesday) and both were positive...called my RE and left a message for the nurses now im just waiting on a call back. GOOD LUCK 2momsinkansas and dolphin14 congrats on your little girl..im hoping we can do a blood test soon.
  • Options
    I buckled this morning and took an HPT... Well three of them. i didn't realize they'd expired so I figured why not. All of them were faint positives. I'm scheduling a blood test for later this week, but this was my first IUI as well so it looks like we've got a stud lol. I'm buying a new HPT tonight to take tomorrow as well, so I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Hey girls! Positive blood test! I have another treat Friday to make sure everything is progressing. It's so surreal after all these years. I don't even know what to do next. There's so much to do.
  • Options
    That's so great 2momsonkansas! I had my blood test today too and it was positive...I got to go back on Friday to check my levels again! so happy for yall!
  • Options
    That's so great 2momsonkansas! I had my blood test today too and it was positive...I got to go back on Friday to check my levels again! so happy for yall!
  • Options
    JNB0914, that's amazing! CONGRATULATIONS to you and your spouse! Did they tell you your numbers? I was at 48 hcg yesterday and 28 progesterone. It's funny we had and are having our blood tests the same day. Keep me posted. Are you doing the DSR?
  • Options
    Thanks! my numbers on Wednesday were progesterone 37 and hcg 104, I just go back from the doctors for a recheck today so im hoping the numbers doubled! yes I think we are doing the dsr..not sure yet though. ill keep you posted on what happens!
  • Options
    That's great! My Friday results were good, 142 HCG and 66 Progesterone. I've got another blood test Monday, then if all goes well a 6 week ultrasound the following Monday.
  • Options
    It's an ectopic pregnancy. They'll be terminating it in a couple of days. I'm trying to look at the bright side.
  • Options
    2momsinkansas....I am so sorry. I've been worried about that too...I haven't had any bleeding or spotting just some abdominal pain. my first appointment is on Wednesday the 20th. its in the back of my head all the time thought..my wife tells me I'm worrying to much but I worry because I want this so bad. If you don't mind me asking, what were your symptoms leading up to finding out? did your HCG levels double after the first blood test
  • Options
    My tests have actually all been great. My RE wanted to do an internal ultrasound at 6 Weeks to see the heartbeat but there was no baby in the uterus. I have really only had pregnancy symptoms. There were some sharp pains below my uterus a few weeks ago but the doctor said those were growing pains. My hcg is currently 4300. I had no issues with it doubling like it was supposed to. They say there's nothing thati could do. I'm going to ask to take the trigger shot 42 hours in advance instead of 36 to make sure it has time... but i may have to wait another 3 months to try again. I was told i worried too much, too. That I was too negative because i didn't want to get excited. But at least i got pregnant. I should be able to conceive again easily when the time is right. Be positive. I wish you nothing but luck and i am 1000% confident in this donor.
  • Options
    2MOMSINKANSAS, was there anything else? like spotting or did you have pain everyday or was it just the one time? I go on Wednesday so ill know for sure then, hopefully everything is good. I hope it works out for you! I believe the donor is great one as well...I will keep this updated with what I find out!
  • Options
    I'm going to be using this donor in 4 weeks. I'm so excited I can't wait.
  • Options
    He is a good choice! I had my first OB ultrasound yesterday and I am 6 weeks and 4 days. I got to hear the heartbeat (: very exciting!!
  • Options
    Hi 2momskansas,

I do think she has his nose (at least for now). She is also a very good, well-contented baby. We just hit the 3 month mark.

And congrats JNB0914. Let me know when you find out if it is a boy or a girl.

And good luck scissor hands. This donor is a great choice!

2momskansas, I hope you keep trying with this donor. It will work!

Kate
    Choice mom of baby girl born 6/12/14
  • Options
    Hello ladies,

13676 is the top of my list for my selection! I can't help to have chosen him for selfish reasons...he sounds perfectly beautiful!!

Dolphin14: What color hair and eyes did your little beauty inherit? Did you happen to buy his baby photos or voice recording? Or did those not play a part?

I look forward to hearing back from you as this donor has me VERY HOPEFUL!!
  • Options
    Hello all, we feel like we know you all already as we have been reading everything while we decided on this donor (who we now call "Brody.") We have our first IUI with him this week and it's been a process to say the least. We want to thank those that do post here for what they have to say and for sharing it all. It's been super informative and very much helped us choose him as our donor.

Wishing everyone the best,
    Jamie & Jeanine --NY
  • Options
    Baby21: Know you didn't ask why anyone else chose him, but thought we would share anyhow. We purchased his whole package and chose him from our list of narrowed down donors because he looks so much like the non-carrying mother, Jamie. Same eyes, chin, mouth, nose, cheekbones. If you haven't purchased it, that means: almond shaped eyes, full lips, cleft chin, high cheekbones, straight nose. Very cute as a baby, and handsome at what appears to be a pre-teen.

His voice recordings would not be a reason we chose him. He actually sounds pretty "bro-ish," in our opinion. Played a lot of video games as a kid, surfer type of guy. If we were going by his recording or personality, I think we probably would have skipped him over. His family medical history was one of the cleanest we found on here, though, so when we coupled that with the resemblances, he was a natural pick. We had another donor that is Armenian, like Jamie, but he didn't meet our height threshold and described his female family members as "rotund." Couple that with carrying-mom's Costa Rican background and our daughters would have had a tough road ahead! He had the whole package though, but not such a great medical history.

While we know that genetics plays somewhat of a part in personality traits, we clearly know that medical issues are passed on for generations. 13676 was a better choice for us all around. We will keep the video game playing to a minimum and shove the lil bugger outside to play more often so we combat donor's traits on that one :)

It also didn't hurt that 13676 has what our circle is describing as "super sperm," with great results thus far. Our doctor joked that if we didn't get pregnant on the first try with him, then she's done something wrong on her end. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    I'm completely devoted to this donor and I'm sure it will happen. I'll be trying again in January after a depression filed 4 month hiatus.

JNB0914, boy or girl?
  • Options
    I am getting my second IUI this weekend. This will be the first time I use this donor. First IUI didn't work so hoping and praying this one does.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,
    My partner and I bought the last vials of 13676 and would love to know if anyone out there bought and haven't used that can be returned to CCB bank? We're 3 IUI's in and no positives but really hoping for this donor for number of reasons. Please let us know if anyone has extra vials so we may purchase through CCB.
    Thanks for any replies
    xoxo