Options

I'm getting a refund on sub-standard sperm!!!!

While I am unfortunately not pregnant after my 1st IUI, I am receiving a REFUND on 2 vials of ICI sperm + shipping costs due to sub-standard sperm (based on CCB's guarantee).

Here are the #s from my 2 back-to-back IUIs in early March:
1st: ICI unwashed = 11.05mm; washed = 8.75mm
2nd: ICI unwashed = 11.20mm; washed = 4.20mm

CCB guarantees, FOR ICI (unwashed) SPERM, to have a minimum of 15mm sperm.

I will not disclose my donor # since I know he has reported births & pregnancies and thus I do not think his sperm was "defective".

Although I do question how this can happen .... to have such "limited amount of sperm" when CCB only accepts 1% of desired donors.

Kerri ---
39, going to try for my 2nd IUI in April

Comments

• Options
    Kerri,

I'm so sorry that you've had this experience. This must be so frustrating!

I know by previous posts tht CCB will do what they have to refund your costs, but it still doesn't help that it seems like a wasted month.

My count was 27.4 million (IUI post wash) with 72% motility, but my doctor assured me that it only takes one sperm. I was lucky and got a BFP on my first try and I'm now almost 12 weeks along.

I hope that next month brings you success!
  • Options
    Big time congrats 2u!!!!!!!! Especially that you're nearing the end of the 1st trimester.

I also am well aware there are SOOOOOOOO many more factors to a successful pregnancy than the # and motility of the sperm.

I know it's all in God's hands and in His time, so I'm cool with whatever and whenever it'll happen.

Congrats again!