Options

Are 13900 or 14088 likely to have more vials?

Hi, I'm wondering if either of these two are likely to return? I have started with 13900, but if he does not return and 14088 does, I would change.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi PR -

Donor 13900 is more likely to have additional vials released. He recently had his blood draw and vials should be released in the next few weeks.

Additional vials for Donor 14088 are more difficult to predict because it depends on a future blood draw. Best case would be July/Aug and worst case would be no additional vials released from quarantine.

There's also the chance of us receiving additional vials via our Vial Buyback & Vial Exchange programs. If you haven't done so already, you should contact Client Services and ask to be added to the notification list so that we can email you if/when additional vials become available.

Also, please keep in mind that when vials are available for your favorite donor, it's important to purchase and store them for the future because our vials can sell out very quickly. We still offer free storage with our Family Today & Family Tomorrow programs: http://cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Family-Today---Family-Tomorrow/

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks Nicole! I will definitely purchase more 13900 for future use, I already have 3 vials left but fingers crossed we are successful with those, we would like some for future siblings.
    Thanks again for the info!
  • Options
    Waiting on 14088. I know they had said May 27th but do you think might be July/August? I am currently pregnant by him and would like a sibling in the future
  • Options
    Hi Excited -

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Release dates are just estimations and vials in quarantine are never guaranteed since a future blood draw is needed in order to release these vials. It's always possible that the date may change or the vials may not be released at all. This is why we encourage taking advantage of our Family Today/Family Tomorrow programs to help secure vials for the future.

http://cryobank.com/Services/Additional-Services/Family-Today---Family-Tomorrow/

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest contacting Client Services and ask to be added to the notification list for your donor so that we can email you if/when there is a future release or if we receive buyback vials.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Hello Nicole,

What exactly does the blood draw determine? (Illnesses, sperm count, etc).
  • Options
    Hi Des -

Repeat blood draws are done at approximate 90-day intervals to screen for infectious diseases. When a donor provides a donation, the specimen is put into quarantine for a minimum of 6 months. Specimen is not released from quarantine until we receive the results of the blood draw. (Specimen quality is evaluated earlier in the process at the time of the donation.)

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Hey has returned ladies. Get your vials for siblings. I just purchased and can't wait to give my baby a sibling
  • Options
    Excited 6674 has you registered on the sibling registery? Just delivered a baby boy in July form 13900 and looks like I am the only one on the registery!? Would like to see more!
  • Options
    Wishing4baby, no I haven't registered. I was able to buy two more vials though and stored for future sibling. Congrats on your new baby boy. Ours is due in December. My biggest fear right now is what if they mixed up my donor. I know must be a common fear for most getting donor
  • Options
    Hi Excited -

We have many checks in place to make sure that you are getting the donor you intended to order. Our Client Service Consultants confirm not only the donor number, but also the donor's characteristics with clients placing vial orders over the phone. We also send email confirmations that include the characteristics of the donor and advise you to verify these characteristics to make sure that it is the donor that you intended to order.

When the vials get packed for delivery, there are multiple checks in place by multiple staff members to make sure that you receive the correct vial. Please feel free to watch our short video entitled "How Do I Know I'm Getting the Vial I Bought?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmF3XSjIes

The vials sent to your physician's office contain paperwork which includes specific information for your donor. And when the vial is ready to be used for insemination, it is labeled with the Donor Number, and you can always ask your medical professional to see the vial label to confirm it's your donor.

CCB was started by physicians committed to the highest standards of excellence. We've been in business for over 38 years and the safety and security of your vials has always been our top priority.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Thank you that makes me feel better
  • Options
    I never feared that :) Congrats in your baby I can't wait for more people to do the sibling registry! I know there are more pregnancies out there with this donor! I just love my little guy to bits and wish you the best if luck throughout the rest if your pregnancy!