Options

Am brand new to CCB

Hello - am brand new and just starting the process of selecting a donor. I would love to find irish/italian like myself - is it possible? I am in my mid 40's and first time trying to make my dream of having a child come true.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all.

P.S. I am doing IVF next month - how long does it take to order and have them shipped ?

Comments

• Options
    Hi mary -

Welcome!

All you have to do is:

1. Go to the Advanced Search
    2. Select Irish and Italian in the Ethnic Origin filed
    3. Check the "Must Have" box

As of right now, you will find 18 Donors who have Irish/Italian backgrounds, as well as dozens more that have one or the other.

It only takes a few minutes to open your account online. You will need your physician's signature on the A1 form to schedule shipping, so you might as well get that taken care of sooner than later. We offer Overnight and 2-Day Economy shipping via Fed Ex. The shipping tank will keep your vials safe for up to 7 days, so it is always better to schedule your shipment to arrive a day or two early. There are severe winter weather issues all over the country right now, so there can be delivery delays at any time. CCB is not responsible for shipping delays, so PLEASE plan accordingly.

Lastly, our prices are increasing at the beginning of the year, so you can save money by purchasing your vial(s) by the 31st. You have up to 30 days to ship it without incurring any storage fees.

Check with your doctor about how many vials you should order. Since you are doing IVF, you should only need one or two. Some physicians prefer you have two just to be safe. Donors tend to sell out, so you may also want to have an extra vial in case you need to go through another procedure in the future.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks, Scott - i am going for my IVF introduction next week.
  • Options
    Smilingmary - did a quick search on irish/italian donors. Only 18 in total that are 100% irish/italian so should be somewhat easy to narrow down. If you add in other criteria it will narrow it even furthur. Like if you want them to have a baby photo it is knocked down to 11 and if you want them to have a baby photo and be 6' or over there are only 5. Hope you find the donor of your dreams :) good luck on your IVF and loads of baby dust!
  • Options
    Thank you so much :) I am over 40 and first time doing this so doctor says IVF is the way to go. I am trying my own eggs and if that doesn't work going with a donor.

How are you doing?
  • Options
    Anytime. I am usually slow at work so I enjoy helping others out. I know how hard the process is of finding the right guy. It took my dp and I several months of searching before finding 'the one' and we now have a beautiful 7 month old baby boy.
  • Options
    that's wonderful :) I am so happy for you and what a great website this is. My friend from NJ recommended California cryobank - she is 45 and had a beautiful baby girl. I am getting excited and nervous about the IVF injections.
  • Options
    that's wonderful :) I am so happy for you and what a great website this is. My friend from NJ recommended California cryobank - she is 45 and had a beautiful baby girl. I am getting excited and nervous about the IVF injections.
  • Options
    They are the best! There are a lot of women in their 40's on here that have had successful pregnancies so you are definitely not alone!