Options

Ovulation Predictor kits

Hi Everyone,

I've never used these ovulation predictor kits and i'm nervous i'm not going to catch it and possibility miss my positive surge day.

I bought the Walgreen brand ovulation kit and it says that I'll see a faint line that will be a little bit lighter than the control line. Well what if my eyes are seeing a faint line (but what if its just my mind playing tricks with me and theres really not a faint line). Im worried I'll miss my one day for the month.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or things I can do to besure I don't miss my ovulation day? Or is anyone familiar with these tests and it will be obvious when I see the line?

I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this but I'm just nervous I'm not going to see the faint line and waste a month of trying to get pregnant.

Comments

• Options
    If you have a regular 28 day cycle, then I would start using the ovulation test kit on day 11,12, and 13.

Read the box, if it is a test that has two lines like this || then the line on the left side should be darker or the same darkness as the one on the left to be considered Positive for the LH hormone. Once you have the dark line then expect ovulation within 12 to 36 hours ( the norm being 36 hours)

Test between noon and 2pm each day and make sure you haven't had too much to drink prior to testing.

I recommend Clear Blue Easy and my doctor Ovu Quick or Assure (Conception Technologies by calling 1-800-995-8081) or you can see if they have an online way to order.

I hope that helped some. If you have any more questions, you can go to twoweekwait.com and find other women and post/question galore about conceiving. :) I go there as well.
  • Options
    Hi 2cmybaby,
    Thanks!
    I talked to my nurse a little more about it again this morning too and she two recommended clear blue easy.
    Thanks again.... I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    JPRANKS

My Dr's office recommended the OVU Quick. It was a pretty easy test. It came 9 test kits. I liked that the postive was darker than the control. I didnt want my eyes playing tricks on me either. I still stood there thinking.. is that darker? I think its darker? lol Even so, I did test 2x just to make sure. Had my first IUI last Friday so 1 week down and 1 to go.

Good luck
    Beth
  • Options
    Oh, one more thing. My cycle is 28 days and I started on day 10. I got a positive on day 11.
    :)
  • Options
    Hi BV,
    Thanks!
    They told me to start on day 11 and I'm 28 days too. I have an ultrasound scheduled for day 12. I thin i'll start my kit on day 10 just to be safe.
    So is it 12 days you have to wait after insemination to get a blood test? Gosh what a looonnnnggggg 2 weeks.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    :):)
  • Options
    I use two kinds... believe it or not: the dollar tree test and the CBE digital. The dollar tree tests only cost a buck a use so I use those when I first get started and, ladies, PLEASE TEST MORE THAN ONCE A DAY!!. I use the dt tests every six hours when I start and, when that test goes positive, use the CBE to see the smiley face and confirm... so far when the dt goes positive, so does the CBE. I also start TWO days prior to when I should start... and I usually surge on days 9, 10 or 11 of my cycle.
  • Options
    Hi ualtigger,
    Thanks! Wow thats early to surge isn't it? I was under the assumption it was going to be on day 14 15 or 16 and they told me not to start until day 11. I bought the CBE and I have a CVS one that has 20 strips so i think i'll start a few days early just to be safe.
    More than once a day huh? Have you tested once in the day and it was negative and then again and it was positive? Wow.. so crazy. But thanks for your advise.. i think i'll take it :)
  • Options
    It depends on how long your cycle is... mine is only 26 days long. I tested yesterday, got a + result... which was CD 10 for me. I always start my testing two days prior to make sure I don't miss it.

And, yes, I have tested in the morning and gotten a - and, six hours later, gotten a + which is why I stress to test every six hours... gives you FOUR chances to catch it. You could test at 2 p.m. and go positive at 8 p.m. BUT if you're only testing once a day... and most RE's recommend to test between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m... you'll be a LONG way into your surge BEFORE you catch it. With our frozen boys, they only stay kickin' hard for 24 hours so it's critical for timing.

Also AFTER 24 hrs BUT before 48 is what I've read for us... and that seems right since our boys only have a 24 hour window... most IUI's and triggers are at the 36 hour mark.
  • Options
    Wow.. thanks for all the great information. So did you go in today for an IUI if you tested positive yesterday.
    Thanks again... i love these forums and how helpful everyone is.
  • Options
    No, not this time... I switched RE's and going to the one I left wasn't a option to do... since I surged on Friday and they don't have weekend hours, I would have been sitting out this cycle anyway... but should surge mid-week at the end of this month!! Hopefully I'll be on my meds by then!!
  • Options
    Ahhh ok! Well good luck to you and hope it all works out.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this tread, lots of good info as I go into it again this month. This will be by last try for the year as for work purposes I need to have a summer baby.

I will be testing a couple of times a day this time around and last month, I did it, on one day and ended up with different a + one time and a - the next and a confused me in the meantime.
  • Options
    Hi emgetc,
    OMG your making me nervous and confused now too.. lol.
    I am starting my pack tomorrow, it will be cd9 for me.
    Good luck to you.. to all of you!
    Lets hope this month is our month!
  • Options
    JP,
    How did it go?
  • Options
    Hi emgetc,
    I had an ultrasound today and I had one mature follicle that measured at 17. Doc said i'll prob surge on wed and go in on thursday for iui. Does 17 sound good? Only 1 ok?? It was on my left side.
    So nerve racking....
    When will you start testing again... end of the month??
  • Options
    Ok you guys I'm driving my self crazy.

So I tested this morning to a positive surge at about 8:15am.

I just tested just now about 4pm because I was curious if it had changed.. and the line was very faint.. there was a line but it was much fainter than this morning.

I also tested yesterday about 4:30 and it was negative.

My IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11:40am.. do you think I've already ovulated?

OMG.. I think I'm losing my mind.

Help me!
  • Options
    Jpransk,

Don't you wait for the surge and then you have 36 hours to go in for the IUI? It's sounds like you are perfect! I am so excited for you and wish you all the luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    LOL.. thanks Jana!
    Yea.. I heard 24-36hrs to ovulate after your surge. When my nurse said my appointment was set for 11:40 and I said well that will be more than 24hrs... from when my surge was, she said "jennifer your fine...and giggled because I was panicing".
    So yes.. its confirmed.. I am losing my mind!
  • Options
    Hey! Let me know how it goes!! Sending you good baby vibes!
  • Options
    Had my IUI yesterday. Feeing like I want to lay low these next 2 weeks... lol.

So nervous.

What an amazing journey the egg and the sperm have to go on. When I think about everythign they have to do its a miracle we even get pregnant!

Either way.. I still hope and pray I get pregnant. I hope all of us wanting to get preg get preg!

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    JP: Good luck, hon. Try and keep yourself occupied so you don't stress and over think so much... even though I was BFN the two times that I did try, the second time was a much easier wait for me. Also make sure you MAKE them give you your 7 DPIUI test... that way you can find out if you ovulated or not.
  • Options
    Waits whats the 7d piui test? I didn't hear anything about that?

And I know.. that is the key.. stay busy and go to bed early... lol.

The morning I tested with a positve surge, that evening i tested again and the line was so faint i could barely see it... think that means anything?
  • Options
    So how did it go? I did my IUI's early this week after spending the weekend peeing on two different kinds of tests and freaking out cause they were negative. It seems in August and October I ovulated later than September. Hmmm, every other month? Well, now I'm in the 2ww...
  • Options
    Hi emgetc,,

Well we can be in the 2ww wait together! I'm 6dpiui.
  • Options
    Jpransk, how are you doing? 1/2 way mark for you!!
  • Options
    Hi Jana...
    Yes your right... 8dpiui today!!!!! Thanks for asking :)
    I've had a lot of signs (I think or my mind is playing cruel cruel tricks on me). Day 1 I felt nothing, day 2 I felt light cramping all day, day 3 I felt light headed and nauseated in the morning, day 4 kind of gross I know but I felt itchy... like itchy inside (weird I know and not sure what that was all about), day 5 I felt nauseated and headache all morning, day 6 I felt cramping but it didn't start until the afternoon, day 7 I felt minor cramping all day and I suddenly have 2 canker sores. Today is day 8 and I feel a little bit of cramping.
    Its such a weird feeling... and I'm trying not get my hopes up because I don't want to be so dissapointed by thinking it has to be positive.
    I'm due to start my period on Wed., I think I will take a Pregnancy test Wed morning (that is if i don't start my period).
    So how are you doing???
  • Options
    Well now I am doing great that my period is here! I finally feel like I am part of the group! It was crazy being 11 days late but I did come off a low dose of lexapro about a month ago so it's possible it screwed up my cycle. My RE suggested coming off it before starting. I am just so excited to think that I could be pregnant in the next month. I have never been so happy to have cramps!! Are canker sores a sign of pregnancy? Also once you have the procedure are you allowed to exercise?
  • Options
    LOL....
    I don't know if canker sores are a sign or not.. seems not maybe just a weird coincadence.. I don't know.
    I would talk to your Doc to be sure but I'm pretty sure once you have the procedure your supposed to go back to regular schedule.
  • Options
    I hope so! I will see what he says, so you test weds? I am in NY...I wonder does anyone know of single mother groups located near the tri-state area?
  • Options
    I'l be 12dpiui on wed... so i might take a test... blood test is scheduled for Friday.

I am in California... not sure about any single mother groups in your area... but I'm sure there are some..