Options

HSG Question-Please Help

I have to have the HSG proceure and I am really freaking out after what all I have read about it. My RE is over 2 hours away and I have to go alone to this appointment. For those of you who have had it done, could you tell me if you were able to drive yourself home after the procedure? And how painful was it? Where you able to go back to work?

Comments

• Options
    It wasn't that bad. I went right to work afterwards - and yes, I drove myself. It was uncomfortable for sure, but it was also over pretty quickly. If you can handle paps,you can handle this.
  • Options
    I had an HSG last week. I went on my lunch break and was back at work within 1 1/2 hours. It is uncomfortable when they inject the dye and you will probably cramp. However, the cramps subside pretty quickly. They feel like menstral cramps. Nothing to fear. I too was afraid.
  • Options
    My dr. told me to take 4 advil 45 minutes beforehand. It was only mildly uncomfortable. Good luck.
  • Options
    I had the procedure and I took aleve beforehand. I did not feel any pain at all.
  • Options
    I'm having mine in about 2 weeks (provided i start my cycle on time). They prescribed doxycycline and told me to start it 2 days before and continue for 3 days after. Aparently it's possible that the dye will cause an infection in the fallopian tubes. Eek! They also told me to take some motrin or something about an hour ahead of time.
  • Options
    A big thank you to all of you! Reading your experiences are helping to calm my nervousness about this procedure. Abbyjenna ... mine is in about 2 weeks too.
  • Options
    I had my first exam today - just a regular physical plus one of the those creepy internal ultrasounds. They found a fibroid and said i may have a "septum," (which I thought was in the nose...). Not sure what this all means, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I also had 10 vials of blood sucked out of me. I'm being tested for just about everything that exists! This is insane!