Options

LH surge ... help:)

I just got my smiley face for my LH surge this morning at 9. They are taking me in to do the procedure at 11:15. This seems a little early... but what do I know? I'm extremely nervous and sweating...I never sweat. Any positive words of encouragement before I go? Any tips? Thanks so much....
Heather

Comments

• Options
    Ok... I think I'm going to try another ovulation stick after 10:00... I'll still have time. I just know how important timing can be.
  • Options
    10:00 stick also gave me the smiley face. I went in and had the procedure at 12:00. My sperm had a count of 31M.. which they said was good. So now I guess it's all in god's hands. They two week wait is going to be hard.. but I hope to have a happy ending. My doctor said I had a cautious smile when he did the procedure. I'm very excited... I just don't want to have my heart broken.
    Heather
  • Options
    Hehehe. I think you´ll do fine Heather. **Baby dust to you.** In about 2 weeks you´ll be telling us that u tested positive. Good luck.
  • Options
    That may not be too early, ryanhl. In fact, the time it took for us was when we inseminated about 12 hours after the surge. Most recommend waiting until 36 to 48 hours after. So, it was indeed the early sperm that got the egg! Can you feel the twinged of ovulation? If they happened anytime plus or minus 6 hours of when you inseminated, that's a really good sign!

Best of luck to you! Sending lots of baby dust...
  • Options
    Thanks Butterfly & moilemassage!
    I keep feeling all sorts of things... cramping, bloating, twinges... Probably my mind playing tricks on me though. :) I have a blood test scheduled for next Friday. A friend told me to test my temperature every morning and if my temperature stays high than the chances are good that maybe I'm pregnant. Is that true? I was 97.9 (day after iui) , 97.5 ( next day) , % 97.7. Is that bad news?
  • Options
    ryanhl, it will be hard to tell based on your temps if you haven't been temping your whole cycle. Temping is really tempermental (no pun intended). You have to test at the same time very morning, FIRST THING. You shouldn't talk and shouldn't other than just getting your thermometer and turning it on; you should be using a basal body thermometer. If you are doing these things, then it is not uncommon to have a temperature dip on ovulation day, followed by a rise again. If you are not pregnant, typically your temperature drops significanty (five tenths of a point or so) a day or two before you get your period.

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    ryanhl, I was typing to fast in my previous post. I meant to say that you shouldn't MOVE first thing in the morning, other than just reaching for the thermometer. And, I also meant that you will see a dip on implantation day, followed by a rise.
  • Options
    Thanks mr & mrs white!!
    I'm 7 days past IUI. I'm standing steady with a temp. of 98.1 or 98.2. I'm not using a basal thermometer, just a regular one. I'm testing at the same time each morning before movement. I took a pregnancy test today...just for fun and nothing. But I'm sure it's too early. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    At about 6 days past ovulation I started getting cramping and pain on my left side over my left hip and into my cooch, I figured something was up, and sure enough I was pregnant. These pains continue still continue today, kind of coming and going as they please. I've never been more bloaty, gassy,or crampy in all my life.. Everyday I have the sensation that I'm going to start my period, but it never comes:) Anyway just thought I would share what being pregnant feels like to me.. I actually feel blessed that I get to feel everything. I know that every one is different, but everything I feel from what I understand is quite common.