Options

Clinic washes for free, so ICI vial or IUI?

Hi all-

My wife and I purchased 2 ICI vials and the advice of a CC employee who said if our clinic will wash for free, why buy the more expensive vial?

Problem is, after my clinic washed the 1st ICI vial, the total no. of motile sperm was 4.5 million--that is fewer than the 5 million MINIMUM generally necessary for an IUI to work. But the 12 million guarantee on the ICI vial is only applicable to is PREWASH. So we don't get our money back...

On the other hand, had we bought the IUI vial, which was already washed and guaranteed to yield at least 10 million sperm, I suppose we could've asked our clinic to not wash. And maybe they have to wash it a 2nd time, but at least you get our money back should that number dip below 10 million.

Here is my question: we have this second ICI vial from our donor to try in February. Think we should try to do a home insemination, which is less effective but we might hold on to more of the sperm? Or have them was the vial again and pray the number doesn't go below 5 mill?

Thanks guys and baby dust to all you ladies,

<3 Livvy