Options

cloimd vs. injectables

Hi everyone I need some advise I know it’s my choice but I just what other people that are going through the same thing to help with this.
Well one IUI will cost about 1,983w/ cloimd I plan to do three.
And one iui will cost about 3,000 w/ injectables
Is a better chance with injectables than just using cloimd. My doctor says that I did well on cloimd, but I didn’t get pregnant because my periods were really wacky, but since then I have lost the weight my periods have been very predictable and ovulation is happening a lot more than it used to. What do u girls suggest?

Comments

• Options
    I was on clomid. I was not ovulating regularly, so my doctor tried the clomid. I had frequent ultrasounds to monitor if I was ovulating. I was lucky I had two eggs and I ended pregnant with twins. I never didshots so I do not know if one is better than the other.
  • Options
    I had asked my RE to see if I could increase my clomid dosage as this IUI will use my last donor vial and I wanted it to count. I only had 2 follicles both previous IUIs and my RE liked the clomid response and advised not to up the dosage. I think if you ARE responding to clomid, producing viable follicles, I wouldn't switch to injectibles, but that's just me. I think they switch to injectables when meds like clomid aren't producing eggs at all or not acheiving desired results...
  • Options
    thank you soo much MGALBN for much needed infomation that really makes me feel lot better everything now. thanks agin to you both
  • Options
    You're welcome! I'm sure that age and health also weigh in on a decision like that too. I see some women on here post that they went straight to injectables because they are at or close to 40 years old. The older you get, the more precious time and every cycle is!!!