Options

Clomid Didn't Work

I went in today for a Day 15 ultrasound after my first Clomid cycle, hoping for enough follicle growth to do my trigger shot tonight or tomorrow and go in for my IUI later this week. But my follicle growth has been very slow and since it's only at 12 right now, my doctor suggested I just test myself through the rest of the cycle and come in for an IUI if I surge.

But I started spotting during the exam and it's continued at home, so it looks like my irregular bleeding/period has started yet again. It's the reason I decided to do the Clomid in the first place, as my cycle went haywire for the last two months, just as I was getting this whole process started. This reportedly happens to a lot of women because of stress and I guess that's my problem too.

So now I need to decide where to go from here and I'm considering skipping Clomid and trigger shots and all that and just allowing my natural cycle to get back to normal. At worst, it could take a few months and that's precious time lost (I'm 39), but I sense that trying to force by body into ovulating is just making it worse and in fact, having the opposite effect. I may also follow up on an acupuncturist that was recommended to me by another woman dealing with fertility issues and just work on stress management in general.

Anyone else experience the same problem with Clomid?

--CSS

Comments

• Options
    CSS...I don't have experience with any of this, but I'm sure that many others on this board do...hopefully someone will give you some advise soon. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this and even have to make this decision.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Thanks, M&C. It's frustrating because I haven't been able to even get started yet. But I may give it a rest temporarily and try and let my body get back to normal.

--CSS
  • Options
    I know it's not easy, but hang in there. :)