Options

first IUI, BFN:((

I just found out that I'm not pregnant, soo sad!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Sweety, don't be sad!
    Most women, including me, didn't get the BFP at the first IUI.
    Actually, I got mine at the fourth attempt, with a chemical pregnancy in the second one.
    Just keep your spirit up, your bfp is on the way momma!!!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat Sweety! BFN I had the worse clots and bleeding ever. The nurse said that the Femara just made my cycle present in a different way. Are you doing it again this month. I am, do you get monitored last month? I didn't I want to but will have to do that next month b/c of the extra$$$$ I hope it takes this time I so want a June baby! So frustrated. I am not a patient person by nature.
  • Options
    Gladyssmbc,

Thank you for your kind support. Are you still pregnant or are you trying for a second baby?

Svqueen,

It seems we are so much alike, I'm an anxious person, not patient, lol. Yes, I will start again this month. I'm just waiting for my period. It is day 28 and still no period. I just want to get started with this ASAP. My doc does monitor with estradiol tests and ultra sounds for growth of follicles. How many follicles did you have in September? I had just one.
  • Options
    I'm also thinking of started acupuncture to enhance my fertility. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear your news! Stay positive and keep your chin up! I know it must be difficult at times.

I have heard that accupuncture works to help prepare your uterus lining for pregnancy.

I haven't started the process yet of doing any of this (other than taking some initial blood tests and having a consultation) but I definitely think I will do the accupuncture when I do start.

Good Luck this month! Keep us all posted!

Gina
  • Options
    Hey guys..

I went for acupuncture my entire pregnancy and prior to getting pregnant. It helps to prep your body for conception. Also to relax and keep your mind open. I love it and go as often as I can. If you go for acupuncture you need to have them treat the entire body and not just your pregnancy. Have them open your mind, release some of the stress etc. It should be an entire process. Also you need to go more than once. If you have questions let em know, as I have a 1 year old from all of it.
  • Options
    Sorry Sweety. I was in your shoes 2 months ago. I cried the entire day. It is so rare for IUI to work the first attempt. Keep going. Good luck with the next round. We will all be mommies soon and we will forget all about the heartache...
  • Options
    AnissaS do you live in Ma? Is the Acupuncturist in MA? How did you find him?
  • Options
    Hi Sweety and SVQueen,

I know it is hard not getting the BFP on your first try but there is only a 20% chance of getting a BFP each time so to get it on the first time is very lucky.

I'm still waiting for either my beta test (going in on Sunday) or my period. I am hoping it is the former but I really can't tell yet.

I did get some disheartening fertility results though. My AMH level was 1.5 in May 2012 and now it is down to .95 which is lower than the average for my age (36).

I almost feel like I should have gone right to IVF and not wasted time on IUIs but I am trusting the doctor's judgment.

Did anyone have a low AMH and still get pregnant through IUIs?

Thanks,
    Kate
  • Options
    Thanks girlies for all the support!
  • Options
    Hi Sweety, I'm actually almost 16 weeks pregnant with my first child, and I'm having a boy! Like I told you, this pregnancy come from my 4 IUI, so cheer up and let the 2nd cycle begin!!!

I forgot to mention the first BFN is the hardest and then you'll find out that after your bfn, you can try again in a very few days. That is the best thing about IUIs.

Good luck!!

Dolphin14
    I got pregnant with an AMH level 0,95 which was taken this past February, so it must be lower when I had my BFP in July. I've been reading some scientific publications which say there have been pregnancies with AMHs near to 0,3. So don't get discouraged by that.
    Baby dust!!
  • Options
    So sorry girls :( this is very hard , Hugs
  • Options
    Thank you Gladys.

That makes me feel a lot better!

I was searching the internet for what a good AMH level was to get pregnant and all the statistics drove me crazy.

But the nurse did say that this was a level that they could work with so I am keeping my hopes up.

And I am keeping my hopes up because you had the same level and got pregnant!

And congrats! You must be so excited!

If you can do it, we can do it!

:) Kate
  • Options
    SVQueen, yes my acupuncturist is in MA. Sorry I did not respond sooner. Email me off line and I can give you all the details. Anissa_stern at Yahoo.com. He is amazing he has gotten at least one of my other friends pregnant as well. SVQueen are you in MA?
  • Options
    AnissaS Yes I am in Mass. I will definetely email you. Did insurance cover it? I am starting to get worried about the funds. I guess I just have to do whatever it takes.

Dolphin - My AMH was 0.27 and I was so discouraged but since I am 32 y.o. my doctor says that my age is the best thing I have going for me. I researched AMH as well and all of the stats drove me crazy. At least everything on-line supports what my doctor said.

Staying positive
  • Options
    SVQueen definitely email me. I can give you a bunch of tips. After 6 attempts at failed IUI I believe they will cover it. State law, but things may change in Jan. Let me know, I will be happy to give you all the people I saw and where I went in MA.