Options

1st IVF

Well I'm starting my first IVF when my cycle starts Feb 13th. Really nervous, it's been almost a year since I did my only IUI and found out that both of my fallopian tubes were damaged and had to be removed. I was extremely disappointed and wasn't sure how I would be able to afford the IVF. Through God's grace I have saved the money and will begin the process. My doctor said I have a 60% of it working and a 40% chance of having twins. Donor #5527 from what I see has made a lot of twins, about 3 sets and even triplets so I'm excited. I'm 29 will be 30 Mar. 12th and I really want this to happen. If anyone has any success stories with their first IVF or using #5527 please let me know. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'm haven't had IVF. But, I do want to say Congratulations on beginning your process. I'm sorry to hear about your fallopian tubes!! But, I pray that IVF gives you beautiful twins.
  • Options
    Thank you so much. yes, I'm excited to begin and I hope and pray it works.
  • Options
    Hey saw your post and wanted to reply not been on in a while. I just had a little boy almost 5 months ago. He was conceived the first IVF cycle after 8 failed IUI's. We had 16 eggs retrieved 14 fertilized. They put two of them in my uterus and the rest were not able to be frozen. Long process, but definitly worth it. If you have any questions I am willing to share with you my experience. Kelly
  • Options
    Good luck with February, this month will be my first IUI and I'm nervous too! It sounds like He has a plan for you... :)
  • Options
    Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks DrA and MGALBN. How long was the IVF process? And did you take birth control first?
  • Options
    It is about the same as the IUI process, but with a lot more DR's appointments and medications. My husband and I live in a very small town and we had to travel and hour and 1/2 to the Dr. office and we did the procedure in the middle of winter so we ended up staying over for a week for all the Dr's appointments because as you near the egg retrieval they will watch and monitor you a lot. They delayed my ovulation a little by about 3 days to give my follicles more time to grow and mature then I did my triger shot and away we went. I did not take birth control because I have a clotting disorder that does not allow me to be on birth control. It is well worth it everything that you will go through you will forget as soon as you get that Postitive test. Good luck and if you have any more questions please just ask. It can be a scary process.
    Kelly
  • Options
    Kelly,
    Thanks a lot. I start next week Feb 14th :) and I will find out what meds I will be taking and whether I will be on birth control and if so how long. I'm very excited and nervous
  • Options
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!!!
    Kelly
  • Options
    Hi Sunshyne! Welcome back! I remember you from last year, we both had our first IUI around the same time! I'm so excited to hear that you will be going in for your first IVF soon. That is great! It sounds like the success rate is very high! I'll be praying for you.
    I've been through 4 failed IUI's and plan on trying again in March. I'll be using injectables for the first time. It's been an emotionally hard process but I feel that it will all be worth it in the end.

If you want to talk off the boards my email address is whatsagirltodo2003@yahoo.com.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Hey Gingy!!
    I emailed you from sunshy99@yahoo.com