Options

IUI Sperm count

I was wondering if anyone could tell me their iui sperm counts after thawing? My donor was 8 million but that seems pretty low in consideration. Google says it should be over 11.. I'm disappointed in wondering if my cycle is over before it began.

Comments

• Options

I did two iui’s one was 11 million and the other 13. I also did two ivf cycles with same donor, one time an iui vial once thawed and did the swim up (slightly different process) it was only 700,000.

• Options

@OzMom thank you for your response. Did that swim up become successful? I'm also in Australia and I'm not sure the process for international clients if the quality is lower. I know ccb refunds at 7 million and under.

• Options

The swim up was a failure. None of the eggs fertilised. They changed the process for a second ivf attempt and used less of whatever product they make them swim through and that time I had 100% fertilisation and finally pregnant but no embryos in the freezer.

• Options

I am 41 and looking to purchase but should I potentially choose a younger sperm donor like in his early 20s or does it really not matter. Obviously I want the highest chance of becoming a mommy. Any help is truly appreciated!