Options

Donor 14553, Pregnancies?

Hello, we will be going for second round of IUI in the next couple weeks. It indicates on this donors profile that he has had pregnancies. Is this through CCB or in his personal life? If through CCB, how many pregnancies has he been responsible for?

Comments

• Options
    Hi J -

The profile indicates any pregnancies the donor has contributed to (personal life and reported pregnancies from our clients).

We can share if a donor has more or less than 5 reported pregnancies. Donor 14553 has 5 or more reported pregnancies.

Please note that we offer a free Sibling Registry for families that would like to connect. You may join once you report a pregnancy: https://cryobank.com/services/sibling-registry/

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank
  • Options
    Last question, are you able to share if any of those pregnancies resulted in live births? Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Hi J -

We can share if there are reported births. We haven't received any birth reports yet for Donor 14553, but those usually take longer.

Donor 14553 was only added to our catalog about a year ago. Sometimes clients may announce the birth of their child on our Bulletin Boards, Sibling Registry, or Facebook page, but haven't officially reported it to us.

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank
  • Options
    We have used this donor but haven't had a successful pregnancy. I went through 3 medicated IUI cycles resulting in BFNs but I also have PCOS which could've played a factor. We are now going through IVF but recriprocal, my eggs and wife carrying. For retrieval we had 50 eggs collected, 24 mature and 17 fertilized. However, our 1st transfer was also unsuccessful. Fingers crossed our next transfer is successful.
  • Options
    2moms,

I'm so sorry you haven't had your BFP yet and hope this cycle works for you! My partner and I are on our third IUI and will have to start thinking about IVF if it doesn't work in the next one or two rounds. Did you use this donor for your IVF round also? Do you mind if I ask what his counts were like when you and your wife used this donor? Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi There!

Sorry for the late response. With the IUI's his counts were about 15 million, obviously washed vials. They did not tell us what the counts were for the IVF cycle. I should ask the clinic, considering we still haven't gotten a BFP. I was reassured with the number of follicles fertilized after retrieval, so i've tried not to look into it too much. We did PGS testing on the embyros and of the 12 tested, we got 8 normal ones. We were told 3 of the 4 had a bad number of chromosomes. Those 3 happened to be boys. The lab didn't collect a sufficient sample to test on the remaining embryo.

What were your counts for the IUI's?
  • Options
    Thank you so much for getting back to me 2moms!

Our IUI numbers were:
    1st- 8 million
    2nd- 10 million
    3rd- 12 million

We're in our (dreadful) 2 week wait now for our 3rd IUI. You'd think they get easier but they really don't. How are you two doing?
  • Options
    Your numbers are similar to what we had as well. I over shot on the number in my previous post.

We are hanging in there. The two week wait never gets easier. We will be doing a transfer in a couple weeks.

Would you like to exchange emails so we can keep in touch?
  • Options

Hi! Did you get a positive result? We did not.

• Options

Hi 2moms, sorry for the late response. This whole process is so life consuming as I'm sure you know. We did not get a positive. We're in another two week wait, the only thing different this time is that the count was 24 million which is the highest it's ever been. We'll be reevaluating everything if this time also does not work. It's all such a terribly heart breaking process. Will you be trying again?

• Options

I hope it works out for you! We are taking a break for a few months. We’ve maxed our insurance and used this donor for 5 attempts,two of those being IVF transfers. It’s so discouraging. If you get a BFP, it’ll make us feel better about this donor. If not, my guess is it’s definitely a donor issue. He’s been selling vials but apparently has 5 reported pregnancies but no reported births yet. Kinda odd.

Please keep in touch! I don’t get alerts when you post, so I apologize for the delay in my response as well.

Sending you all the baby dust in the world!

• Options

2moms,

We finally got our BFP! We went in for our first ultrasound yesterday and saw two sacs, each with their own little yolk. Things are looking good so far but we're still being cautious and waiting to tell folks. We're a mixture of happy, excited, anxious and nervous. Thank you so much for you words, it's been helpful having someone on here. I'll keep you updated!

• Options

Twins?!? No way!!!! That’s so awesome, congratulations!! This has given me hope that it isn’t the donor. Maybe time just hasn’t been on our side but hopefully next year we will get our BFP too! We are so looking forward to hearing more about your journey! Sounds like our babes might be dibilings! So cool! Please keep in touch.

• Options

@jsdf Congrats on your BFP! We hope you have a smooth pregnancy!

@2MomsMakeaBaby It takes time for us to receive birth reports. Babies from this donor are expected in 2018. Also, while clients are quick to report their pregnancies to receive their Donor Keepsakes, once they have their child they usually don't report back to us unless they call to update their storage account or start trying for baby #2. Try to stay positive, we're sending baby dust your way for a BFP in 2018!