Options

Can you tel me how many reported births this donor has? What about pregnancies?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hi nbound -

He has less than 5 reported pregnancies and 0 reported births as of yet.

He hasn't been overly popular, although I'm not sure why. Sometimes brown hair and under 6' just doesn't make people's initial search list and a great donor gets lost in the shuffle.

If you have a good feeling about 11257, I always say trust your insticts and don't worry about why others may or may not have selected him.

No one ever thinks about the donor they didn't choose once their baby is born.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks, Scott. I'm happy with my choice and will find out on Tues if I'm pregnant through IVF. I was just kind of curious about my donor. Will hopefully be able to report great news to you guys.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you!

:-)
  • Options
    Hi Scott -

I had a failed IVF cycle with this donor. 3 embryos were transferred and none took. Out of the 5 they were watching none continued dividing after a certain point. They said all the embryos stopped dividing right around the same time.

It was told to me that although the count was high, his mobility was very slow.

Do you check for this with the donors?

The price is so expensive and now it was suggested to choose another donor.

I do know there's no way of telling 100% of a failed cycle, but if we know his mobility is slow maybe he should be pulled from the selection.
  • Options
    Hi nbound -

I'm sorry this cycle didn't work out for you. It is an unfortunate part of this process that is always difficult to deal with. Let me try and answer your questions.

Motility (the % of strong swimming sperm) is checked on each and every donations.

If the count (number of total sperm) is high -- as in your case, then there will be be plenty of good swimmers overall. Our guarantee is based on "total motile" sperm. This means 10 million sperm with 100% motility would be the same as 20 million sperm with 50% motility. In reality, anything in the 35-50% motility range would be considered a good number.

As far as medical science understands, once the sperm has fertilized the egg and created an embryo, it's job is basically done. The further development and implantation of an embryo into the wall of the uterus are egg and uterine functions that have nothing to do with the sperm.

The good news is you had 8 eggs fertilze. This means your donor's sperm did its job. We are happy to help you pick another donor if you prefer, but I know how strongly you feel about 11257 and I wouldn't want you to give up on him based on what you have told me.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of any more help.

Best wishes,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Hi Scott -

Thanks for responding. I did actually pick a different donor. I selected my 2nd choice 11435. I know he has births and pregnancies reported.

He added new pics which made the choice very easy. Can you tell me if he still resembles his young pics posted?

Any other info you're able to provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Susan
  • Options
    Hi Susan -

His hair is shorter than the pictures and looks like it probably got a little wavier. It also looks a bit lighter than when he was a child. Other than that he looks like an older version of himself. :-)

Good luck,

Scott