Options

Hello. Will donor 5813 have ICI specimens available anytime soon? Also, if I'm CMV negative does the donor have to be negative too? I've read in your postings that it is advisable but I wonder why. That doesn't seem to be something that couples test for in each other before trying to conceive...so I'm wondering why there must be special care taken with donor sperm?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    No one needs to use only CMV negative donors. We would never recommend using a CMV negative donor because you are CMV negative. There is no proven medical reason to worry about CMV unless the donor has an active infection.

It is estimated that over half the adult population has been exposed and carry the CMV antibody. It is similar to chicken pox in that once you have been exposed, you will always show the antibody in your system. Would you worry about catching chicken pox from someone who had it years ago? An applicant that displays an active CMV infection would not be allowed in the program.

All that said, you should always consult your physician with any medical concerns.

Unfortunately, there are no longer ICI vials available for this retired donor.

Regards,

Scott
    CCB