Options

The irony! And some CCB feedback...

My partner and have undergone 4 IUIs in the last 4 months.

The first 3 were picture-perfect: had the smiley on the ovulation kit, got right in with a great looking CCB specimen (as the Nurse Practitioner put it there were a lot of "good swimmers" lol!) but they did not take.

The 4th we assumed was the worst chance. We were on day 20 and I had not ovulated (normally this was day 17-18), but we had to use our specimen that day. The Nurse Practitioner for the first time was concerned with our specimen; and we examined it under the microscope and there were quite a few dead sperm on the slide (more on that later). We completed the procedure and I took another test that night and the following morning with still no ovulation. That evening - late day 21 - I had a smiley. And on Valentine's Day 2 weeks later we had our first ever positive test (there will be NO topping that Vday!)!!! We had the blood test to confirm a few days ago and yes indeed we are PREGGERS!!! Woohoo!!!!

As for CCB, they have been most helpful and wonderful when it came to answering my many questions before registering/ordering and once when a tank was delayed returning due to weather.

However, I was quite disappointed with a lack of concern for their specimen quality when I received the feedback from my NP regarding the 1 out of 4 poor looking specimen (obviously - and thankfully - it only takes 1 little guy so it still worked out, but it was still very upsetting to hear/see not as top notch of a specimen). I emailed and was never emailed back. I called and did not receive a return call to my voicemail from the Customer Service Manager. I did not pursue it further after those contacts due to waiting out the 2 week window, but I do feel it is worth sharing. They are excellent when it comes to the fun stuff, but not so service-oriented when it came to the not-so-fun conversations....

Just wanted to share!

Wish us luck for a healthy pregnancy and good luck to those of you that are trying - it will come in time - even when you least expect it!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hi tdurgee -

Wonderful news! I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the last specimen.

Not that you'll need it (Yay!), but for others out there you can direct any specimen concerns directly to mevans@cryobank.com. Melonee is wonderful to work with and can generally handle any issues within a day or two.

Please keep in mind that while e are happy to hear from you and want to help, there is nothing we can do until the pregnancy test comes back since our guarantee doesn't apply if the you get pregnant.

Congrats Mamas!

Scott
    CCB