Options

shipping to home

We are planning an at-home insemination, at least for a couple of cycles, since our last try was successful on the first attempt at our doctors. However, the shipping informations says the container should only be opened by trained medical staff (something like that). Is that really an issue, or is it just a standard liability statement? Also - how many days ahead of my likely ovulation date should I have the vial delivered?

Comments

• Options
    Hi-

The shipping container is safe to open at home as long as you follow the included insructions. most important is to avoid tipping it on its side. If it does accidentally tip over UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you touch any liquid that may seep out. It is liquid nitrogen and will evaporate in a matter of seconds.

The unopened shipping tank will keep the specimen safe for up to a week. I would recommend planning to receive your shipment 48-72 hours prior to you expected ovulation date. That way you are covered on both ends.

The other thing to consider is shipping two vials and doing a second insemination the next day. This way you can be covered in case you ovulate later than expected.

Good luck!

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Dear EHakkinen22:

Please instruct me how to do the at-home insemination, and where to buy the insemination kit. My e-mail address is tomandtony@peoplepc.com
    Thanks

Lily
  • Options
    My main recommendation is that you consult your physician before attempting the at-home insemination.

Look at http://www.conceptionkit.com/ for help with ordering an at-home kit and insemination instructions.

Good luck,

Scott
    CCB