Options

I'm single and alone too

I'm 34 and decided that I am tired of waiting to be a mom..I'm ready..just haven't met a good guy yet..they are all married and online dating and church didn't work for me..I'm have narrowed it down to few donors..have an appointment with the ob monday..I'm living in oklahoma and work as an r.n. in oklahoma it is rare for women to use sperm donors and a friend of mine attacked me over it because she says I'm not waiting on god..it's my life though and I'm excited . I worked in the neonatal intensive care unit for six years and was tired of taking care of someone else's child even though I loved them ..Def ready for my own or at least the possibility ..feels lonely here too..get mixed reactions from people

Comments

• Options
    Wonderlust, try not to let closed minded people get to you because that is all they are, closed minded. What women like us are doing takes a lot of courage and I applaud you for that. I'm in the same situation only older. I have never felt more right about this decision I've made. God works in mysterious ways and his plan for everyone is not the same. If this is what you want and it feels right then God is telling you that. I have waivered in my faith my entire life but somehow I feel like this is the road He has walked me down. I have hit a road block but I know I need to keep believing that it will happen. You have a great support group right here with us! If you want to reach out to me I'm here, mybabybug16@gmail.com. Hang in there.

mybabybug16
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! Can I email you sometime?
  • Options
    Definitely! I would love to hear from you.
  • Options
    I sent you an email!!
  • Options
    I agree this is your life and your decision. Good luck and have a beautiful and healthy baby
  • Options
    wonderlust I too am from Oklahoma and 34. I just purchased my donor and hope to do this next month. I'm scared and excited
  • Options
    email me if ever want to get together and chat. I live near OKC deidre.hamm@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I see this post was from back in may so u may have gotten lucky already, I'm not sure. I live in the east tex "bible belt" and i know all about the negative nay sayers. Dont give up your dream! I was blessed with my IUI working on the first try and I am 30 weeks along expecting my first baby girl who is wiggling around in there as I type this message to you! I am 32 and single also waiting on Mr Right. One day he will come along and accept us both! Just wanted to give you some hope! You got this!!
  • Options
    This makes me SO happy!
    I'm 33 next summer and I a going to start this process in the New Year!
  • Options
    This is so great that there are forums to address this. I too, come from a very religious family and they continue to believe in waiting on God. Easy to say for the ones who got married young and found someone. I'm 38 and have not yet had that happen. I have a couple of people that are supportive, but both live out of state. I am soooo ready to start my family now at 38 years old. I would love to contact someone as a support!!!!
  • Options
    How funny! I'm 34, single, having trouble finding Mr. Right, and work in pediatrics as an RN. I have wanted a baby since I was 18! A few people thought it was a "dumb idea" but most of the people in my life have been supportive. Just had my IUI today. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Good luck Pom Lover let us know how it worked out.
  • Options
    Hello I am in the same situation as you all are and am very excited to move forward as well. I have ended my communication with negative people because it is a never ending process of them trying to convince me otherwise. Ladies keep your heads up. Just realize that this is your life and you know how to live it best...
  • Options
    I'm in this with you all.

40, single, and ready to be a mom. My doctor told me "You have the rest of your life to find the love of your life, but you do not have the rest of your life to have a child." That did it for me. I'm IN. Going to inseminate for the first time after my next cycle.
    Ladies…We've got this! Nobody has to understand our process but us. We don't owe anyone an explanation, nor is it necessary that they "get it". As long as we get it.
    Best wishes to all.
    A
  • Options
    I'm 40 and single too. I've tried to meet a man but it just has never worked. They act like they're going to like me, then they decide something isn't good enough, and they're gone, oh well. (this is online dating experiences)

I did an IUI this month, with trigger shot. So we'll see. If it didn't work, I'll be at peace with it. I did one in July last year and that didn't work. This one I think has more chance to work because of the shot and because it was monitored.

I really hope I have a girl, as being single I'm kind of scared of raising a boy alone. I do live with my father (he's 75 but has more energy than me!), my mom is dead. I also live with my 48 year old divorced sister. She works. Sometimes my 26 year old niece lives with us, when her husband is treating her bad! (which is quite often, and he's 54, he should be over the moon to have her!)

Anyway, good luck to you all.

What upsets me is, I'm Catholic, and the church doesn't approve of this type of thing, and I called a priest this month because I almost couldn't get to do the IUI due to a blizzard and I was afraid God was against my procedure. And he told me flat out that down deep I must think this is wrong and that's why I believed the storm was out to get me.

But it's not that, it just seemed weird that when I needed to do my procedure, it was the worst blizzard we've ever had. And it's not like I could just keep putting this off. I'll be 41 in September, and the older I am the worse the labor might be.

So yeah, I mean it kind of upsets me that people put us down when there are plenty of teens who have babies, people having babies in less than ideal circumstances, are their children "wrong"? So I don't appreciate children being born of donors to single mothers as being called "wrong". I don't believe in telling any person they weren't meant to be or they are "wrong" to be here. If God lets it work, then I will trust that He wants the child to be here.

One of the major problems in the world is the negativity people put out there to others when we should be showing love, compassion and support.
  • Options
    Oh, and anyone who wants to is welcome to email me, my email is rikajessie@aol.com. I'd love to hear from others who can relate!
  • Options
    I haven't been out here in awhile. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'm currently in my 2ww for my 3rd IUI. If anyone would like to email me they can at mybabybug16@gmail.com.

Baby dust to all!!