Options

Has anyone used 13362 or 12880

My partner and I are new to this process and have a Preconception Consultation in 3 weeks in Memphis, TN. We will then proceed with an IUI and I have no fertility problems so I'm hoping we get a BFP the first try. We used a known donor the 2 years ago but we did it the NATURAL way(sex w/donor) and i was pregant. (-: Any advice ya'll could give would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    I used 13362 but I haven't gotten BFP as of yet. IUI was a pretty simple process. You will have no problems.
  • Options
    littleone27: Thanks for the feedback. We will be praying that you get a BFP soon!! Are you in the 2ww period? Partner and I can't decide btwn 13362 or 12880.
  • Options
    sarahlaken No not BFP yet. I actually had six IUI attempts all of which were unsuccessful so I did a mini stem instead and now I have 3 embryos frozen with 11362. Going in for a transfer soon. So I hope you are right. Have you seen the pictures of both? Go with your gut there are no mistakes I would call and see if 12880 has any pregnancies thus far. If you haven’t seen pictures I have copies of 13362 if you need.
  • Options
    littleone27: That's fantastic news! We wish you endless 'baby dust"!!! (-: And yes i've seen pictures of both donors, but it's so hard to decide. My partner is leaning toward 13362 and I'm leaning toward 12280. We have to make a final decision in less than 2 weeks... so I'm really getting a bit anxious. I really wish CCB would give recent pics of the donors, but I guess that would go against the donor's privacy. Also, one other thing I'd like to get your advice on.... I'm 23 and have regular periods each month and seem to be very fertile bc I got pregnant the very first try (naturally/sex w/a life long friend) the first time and of course doing the IUI for baby #2 and can't decide on how many vials I should order?
  • Options
    sarahlaken: yea it is definitely hard to decide. We went by looks but basically the type of person was personality/interest wise. We didn't want to end up with someone that had “genes” we couldn't relate too lol In regards to the vials being that you are 23 and already had the ability to get pregnant the odds look like they will work in your favor. So I would ask your doctor what they think in addition to whether or not they will be performing a one day IUI or a back to back IUI(2 days). Some of the doctors in our area do that. But i would buy either 1 or 2. If you keep the 2nd one at cryo you can at least sell it back for 1/2 price refund but then you are paying a storage fee. It may be cheaper to buy just one when taking everything into account. Also, check if what your doctor charges to store/freeze and defrost when it gets there. Because of my age I needed to buy a few so it was cheaper for me to buy them in batches of 4 when taking storage, shipping and defrost into account. Hope this helps. Sending positive vibes and baby dust your way. If you need anything else let me know.
  • Options
    littleone27: Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!! After hearing your thoughts on this.... I believe we should buy 2 vials and do a back to IUI ( That is if the doc will allow this) We go in on Friday and the anticipation is absolutely overwhelming. And this will only be the preconception consultation. :-)) thank you again. Wish you lots of luck! God Bless.
  • Options
    Sarahlaken. You are very welcome. And thank you or the good luck wishes. Good luck to you too and sending lots of baby dust your way. Have a great appointment on Friday. God Bless you too
  • Options
    sarah- which donor did you choose? I used 13362 in Nov and got pregnant on my first IUI, but I miscarried on week 6. Wish you the best.
  • Options
    the_hair.stylist: We purchased 12880. Although, we have changed to the ICI and will be doing it this wkd for the very first time.