Options

Has anyone used Donor 13881?!?

Hi! My name is Kristen! My wife and I are about 2 weeks away from her first medicated iui (We tried with me for a year). We have decided on Donor 13881... he is New and was only released about a month ago, so though he has pregnancies in his personal life, its a little to early to see any on here.
My question is, I know they do rigorous testing here at CyroBank, but do you think it is risky going with a donor who is so new, therefore does not have pregnancies? Any input is appreciated!
Baby Dust to all!!

Comments

• Options
    Hello! I am in my 2WW with my 2nd IUI (first was a hail mary with my husband's sperm) with this donor! We were nervous to but decided just to go for it. His count was 18 million. Good luck!
  • Options
    That is awesome!! Did you do a medicated cycle or natural? Is 18 million a normal amount? Do you know if the motility was good? My RE swears that the best samples come from Cyrobank so I am just trying to trust the process, but a little nervous since he hasn't had any pregnancies! I am hoping your the first one!!!!! How many more days before you know? FX
  • Options
    It was medicated but just with Femera (sp?). After IVF & 4 FET's my ass is tired from the shots. But we did trigger as well. They say they like to see over 10 million so I am hoping this is good news for us! They did not tell me the motility but I can try and find out from my doctor, should be able to tell you Monday or Tuesday.

I am hoping I am the first one here as well! We should know by the end of next week and I am like clock work so I am hoping not to see AF for the next 9 months!
  • Options
    NCGal- How are you doing? Hoping the TWW is not to bad! My FX for you to get that BFP!!
  • Options
    kkmoms- the TWW was horrible and my ever on time body told me I was not pregnant this morning :( We are going to try again with this guy soon! Did you decide to use him?
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry NCGAL!!!! I am not looking forward to the TWW at all!!! We have decided to use him yes. We are a little nervous since he's so new but we fell in love with his baby pictures so we figured we will give it a shot or 2! We are at the beginning of our 28 day journey! Baseline ultra sound will be Tuesday or Wednesday. My wife will do a combo iui cycle, so 100mg clomid,, 1 shot of menopur and then the trigger shot.
    Does your Dr. Inseminate 36 hrs post trigger? This is our first time with frozen sperm so I'm nervous about the timing and how accurate it really needs to be!
    Will you guys be trying again this month? Keep me posted! FX for round 2!!!
  • Options
    Hello!
    My partner and I are 95% sure we will be using this donor for an IUI in July. My only concern is how new he is and his lack of pregnancies. However, his baby pictures were adorable. Please let me know how it goes for each of you ;)
  • Options
    Hi Mknight! We def had the same concern as well, but after talking to our RE we felt better that the testing that CyroBank does is rigorous and that they would not have a specimen that did not pass all the fertility testing, so we decided to trust the process and go with him! We are about 8-10 days away from our first insem9ination.
    Is this you and your partners first attempt for iui or just first one with this donor? We tried for 11 months with a known donor with me and are now switching to my wife after I got a sever infection from a fertility test which resulted in me needing a hysterectomy. This is my wifes first attempt and it is def strange being in the other shoes... but all of her testing came back great so we are just praying that after a very difficult year this new road will lead us to our baby!
  • Options
    So exciting for you!! I hope to hear of your BFP soon :)
    This will be our first IUI attempt! Exciting and nervous all at the same time. I am a professor so we are wanting to time our IUI to make delivery occur in late April, May or June so I could have some time off with the new baby. Late July first of August should be the first attempt. We will see :)

11 months, that is a really long time. I am sorry to hear of the infection and hysterectomy. What kind of fertility test caused this? I can't imagine being on the other side of things, but if it lead to a BFP I would do it in a heart beat. I will keep you in my prayers and hopefully we will both be pregnant with babies who are half siblings very soon! Lets keep in touch.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of making a private facebook group "Friends of Donor 13881". So us and future people can connect if they would like.
  • Options
    A Gift From Donor 13881
  • Options
    MKnight- How exciting your first attempt! Hope the timing works out perfect for your job! Where do you guys live? We are in Southern CA.
    We go today cd4 for our baseline U/S and to start our meds today! The NP told me yesterday after today it should be about 8-10 before insemination =) I am super nervous for my wife! I did all this stuff for so long but this is all new for her! Hoping the meds wont be to hard on her.
    I got my infection from the HSG test. (the one to test if your tubes are clear). My RE has done them for 10 yrs and I was her first patient to get this infection, so its pretty rare.
    Just thankful we have 2 sets of girl parts to bring us our baby! Will you be carrying? Or will your partner be? FB page sounds awesome, let me know if you decide to do it!
  • Options
    KKmoms,
    We live in Dallas, TX. I love southern CA and was born in San Diego :)
    Exciting day for you both! Hopefully all goes smooth and well. Im a little nervous about the meds as well. I have no idea what to expect. I will keep you two in my thoughts during this process. How soon do you have to have the vial shipped from CCB? Besides the childhood photos, did you order any other information about the donor? Was it worth is?

Im really sorry to hear about the infection, but you are very lucky to have two sets of girl parts! I will be carrying. Im 100% sure she would never do it. It just isn't something she has ever felt the need to want to do. Maybe if we were in your situation, but right now Im healthy enough to do it for us.

The Facebook group is up. I think you can find it by searching "A Gift From Donor 1338". Im not sure how you request to be a member, but maybe when you get to the page you can figure it out. Maybe NCGal1983 would want to join as well :)
  • Options
    Shoot I can't seem to find the group on fb.
    Maybe you cant find private groups... you may have to be invited to see them. My name is Kristen Barrett, if you want to invite me!

I went to college and lived in SD for many years, we now live in Redlands, ca. We are lucky enough to live close to LA, so we do not have to have the vial shipped, we just pick up once our Dr. tells us to do the trigger shot. We only ordered the childhood photos, my wife wants to know the important stuff but not to much about the donor. We have gone back & forth about open or anonymous donor... what made you guys decide to go for an anonymous? My wife was pretty set on it but I went back and forth.
  • Options
    NCGal- Hi there! How are you doing? We are about 5 days away from our first iui with 13881. I was wondering if you ever found out the motility?
    Are you using him again? I was reading other post and people has like 60 and 80 million count, so it was making me a bit nervous! Keep us posted on your journey! Baby Dust!
  • Options
    We did another one this morning actually! I am sorry I have not responded sooner work has been insane! His count this morning was 11 mil post wash, I was a little disappointed. My clinic does not run any other test (mobility, etc). Though I can say that both follicles were over 20 this time (one at 23!) And my lining was over 10 which the nurses were amazed at since I was on Femara. Fingers crossed! It seems we will all be really close to finding out at the same time!
  • Options
    It really just did not matter to us whether he was anonymous or not. We were more worried about everything else plus our search was really narrowed down looking for someone who looks like my husband plus liking what we read about him.
  • Options
    Hi NCGAL- we'll I know our REsays anything over 5 million works.. So FX this is your 2nd round right? I connected with another lady who used him and his count was 14 million but with 69% motility which is quite high post thaw so hopefully that's a good sign!! Hope this TWW goes by quickly! Your lucky you get a blood test at like 10dpo!! Lessens the weight a little!!!
  • Options
    Kkmom did you all have your IUI? How did it go?!? I am trying hard not to dwell this 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi NCGAL!!! We actually did our iui this morning! Our RE said the sample looked great, she said the motility was almost 80% not sure about the count though. So I guess we have joined you in the wait!!! I am sending you lots of baby dust!! Sounds like you had some great size follicules and great lining!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hello! 80% is amazing! I hope mine was that good! I think there may be 3 of us cycling all at the same time with this guy! Baby dust to us all!
  • Options
    Hi NCGal- We actually did our first insemination yesterday! We have Kaiser so they do it there and they said they don't have the instrument needed for the count but the motility was 79% and it was rated a 3 out of 4 for movement. SHe said it was a really good donor and to stick with him, so that made me feel better! We are now in the dreaded 2ww. Luckily we are going on vacation for a week so hopefully that takes our mind off things for 1/2 the time! No blood test for us so we have 14 days to wait!
    How are you feeling? Any symptoms one way or another?I am sending you lots of baby dust!!!!
  • Options
    You should check out the fb page.. I think there is like 5 other woman with this donor too! I hope we get some BFP's here real quick!!!
  • Options
    I tried the link but it would never work for me.
  • Options
    kkmoms- I think I added you on Facebook to help me find the group :) In case you were wondering who the random person was asking to be your friend!
  • Options
    NC gal have u joined our facebook group?
  • Options
    I cannot find it on Facebook otherwise I would
  • Options
    I am ordering my shipment this week! I did one natural cycle with a different donor and no luck, looking for a different donor and wondering how everyone is doing now, any BFP?? i am on 2 tablets of 2.5 mg Letrozole and also Ovidrel trigger shot sometime later this week, hoping this time it works. Any information would be helpful.
  • Options
    Hey all! Wanted to check in to see if anyone had gotten pregnant from this donor? and/or if I could maybe get added to the facebook group? (can try finding me by email, m_e_g16@ hotmail.com) my wife and I are about to try IVF wiith ths donor we think...She had 4 IUIs with another donor, and only got pregnant the last time but subsequently miscarried. I did four IUIs myself, but none have been sucessful so moving onto IVF this cycle (almost done with BCP). Thanks!!
  • Options
    My partner started her first medicated IUI cycle this week... and we are using donor 13881. Just looking to connect with others that have had success with this donor or are in the process of trying!