Options

Donors on bulletin boards

Hi do you allow donors on these bulletin boards. Just say a response on a board with the person claiming to be the donor the recipients were discussing. Is this real or a potential scam? Freaked me out a little

Comments

• Options

@SKEJ CCB does not control access to the bulletin board, it is a public forum. Anyone can register and comment, which in turn can be seen and read by other registered users. In the case of a person claiming to be a donor, the truth can go either way, but the post should be reported to CCB and treated with the utmost caution and care. Regardless of the truth, it probably violates a contract somewhere.

I would caution those who want to reach out to fellow donation recipients to do so through the donor sibling registry. That is a forum that is controlled and vetted by CCB. You can share your private contact information/social media without making it public to anyone who registers with this site. Just leave a message directing others to contact you through there under your handle on here. It never hurts to take precautions about what information you share via the internet. I wish you well.