Options

Vials in quarantine, but no expected release date

Hello!

I recently called to check on a few donors and found out that my favorite does have vials in quarantine, but there is no expected release date listed on his account. I'm just wondering what the reasons could be as to why this is. Could it be possible that the cryobank is just waiting for him to come in to get another routine blood test, or could there be other reasons? Other donors I've checked on have estimated release dates listed, so I'm wondering why this one doesn't and if I should just give up on this one. Thank you!

Comments

• Options

@StayingHopeful4 Please note that we can never guarantee that vials in quarantine will be released, even if there's an estimated release date. Most of the time it is dependent on a future blood draw, but we could be waiting on an upcoming physical or other routine screening.

COVID-19 has made this process a bit more difficult because we shut down our donor operations for a few months and it disrupted the schedule of blood draws and other routine screening. Our labs are also located in big cities and some of our donors haven't felt comfortable doing in-person visits or moved out of the area to be with their families, so there is a delay in scheduling blood draws or coordinating remote blood draws.

Please feel free to email me your donor number and I'd be happy to look into this further for you. Also, we've seen a surge in vial orders since clinics re-opened and we launched a new at-home insemination option. Our donors are selling out of vials more quickly than ever, so I recommend having a couple choices and purchase vials as soon as they're available. We offer financing and free storage options to make sure you secure enough vials for a few cycles and/or future siblings.

Financing: https://www.cryobank.com/services/financing-program/
    Family Planning Storage Programs: https://www.cryobank.com/services/additional-services/family-today---family-tomorrow/

Regards,

Nicole
    nicole@cryobank.com