Options

DONOR 15749

I have had 4 IUIs with this donor and have had no luck getting pregnant. I will be looking into switching donors.

Comments

• Options

I am sorry to hear that! I have done two at home ICI's and one unmedicated IUI with my fertility clinic and have had no luck yet with this donor. Although I do not think we were timing it quite right for the at home inseminations. Did you do medicated or unmedicated IUI? What was the average sperm count for your vials? Sorry for all the questions, we have 4 IUIs left and I am really hoping this donor will work for us because I am CMV negative so the choices for half filipino donors only give us one more option if we were to switch as well. Again, I am sorry you did not get your BFP from this donor and I appreciate any personal insight!!

• Options

Hello! I did one medicated IUI and two unmedicated IUIs. I have felt pretty confident about the timing for all three, but at the end of the day it is so tough to identify the 12 hour conception window. I don't recall the exact sperm count for each vial, but after the doctor told me the number, they followed-up with a "which is very good!" Best of luck to you!!!

• Options

@LGBTQWife
    Hey there! Just an update for you if you were still using this donor. I have done 2 at home ICIs, 1 unmedicated IUI and 1 medicated (letrozole) IUI and have not conceived yet. I am 23 years old and have no fertility issues after getting all of our initial testing. All of our vials have been around 10 million. Did you have any luck if/when you switched?

• Options

Hey there, we actually decided to take a few months off from trying after our last negative pregnancy test. I still have 4 vials of this donor, but we have not decided what our next steps will be!

• Options

We currently have 4 vials as well! I called inquiring about this donor and they said the donor will no longer be available for more IUI's after these ones sell out. If you end up not using this donor in the future please let me know! We're hoping to get pregnant these next two cycles but we all know how that goes lol. It's so difficult to find a Filipino donor who is CMV negative (I know it says positive on the profile but we had the genetic screening). We've looked at Fairfax and Seattle sperm bank and the selections are very slim! Good luck to you!!

• Options

Thank you everyone for sharing. I was just looking at this donor and your comments have been helpful

• Options

We just got two vials of this donor ICI the plan is to inseminate this weekend. Has anyone had any luck?

• Options

I just had my 2nd failed medicated IUI. So that makes two at home ICIs and 3 IUIs with our clinic, 1 unmedicated, 2 medicated. Ive only ever had one mature follicle at a time. I’ve had a complete work up and all my numbers have been perfect. I’m going to be 24 at the end of this month so I am assuming I’m pretty fertile. I start menopur injections tomorrow night so I will keep you updated.

Sperm count for all our vials have been 9, 10, 9, 12, 15, & 16 million. We did a back to back insemination last IUI. If the IUI doesn’t result in a positive this time I think we’re going to change donors. I don’t want to discourage you just wanted to give you my experience and I hope your luck is better than ours!!!

• Options

I used this donor and had an IUI and recently received the positive news of pregnancy. I bought two vials but it worked on the first. Wishing others success in this process.

• Options

@Aries - Was this your first IUI? Congrats!! I'm glad it worked out better for you than it did for the rest of us in this thread.
    I go Monday for an HCG blood draw after my 4th IUI. Tested today and it was negative, this IUI cycle I even did injectables and letrozole 7.5mg and I'm 100% sure there's no chance I can be pregnant.

• Options

My wife and I used this donor and we just got the news that my wife is pregnant. It was her 2nd IUI.

• Options

@tss216 You said the donor will no longer be available for IUI after this one sells out? Do you by any chance know if the donor is no longer available to donate or if they’re only selling ICI? My wife and I plan on having other children, so we may need to buy more of the available vials now just in case. Our IUI post-wash counts weren’t ideal, so we think we just got lucky this try.

• Options

@Jdmom I spoke with customer service two months ago and the last IUIs that were put in were his final donation. He will not be able to donate again. You can contact California cryobank in the future if you would like them to request the donor to go back to their clinic to donate again you can and it's only available for donor siblings! I believe the cost to request it was around $1500 and each person who would like to purchase sperm for siblings would have to pay that fee before they are able to buy them. The only perk is if you're the first one to request the donor to come back to donate again, you get to tell them you want X amount of vials and they will reserve them for a reasonable time. I didn't ask specifically about the ICI vials so I'm not sure how many there are left. Hope that helps and congrats!!

• Options

My wife and I used this donor last March and had a successful pregnancy with a live birth.