Options

Permission from work

Hello. I just purchased vials of donor 2467 and am excited I will be using him. I am hopeful about getting my IUI soon. I will go to my first doctor´s appointment on the 12th of this month. I am wondering what to say at work? I will be going to the RE couple times so what excuse do I give my boss as why I am needing permission from work often?

Comments

• Options
    When I was working, I just met with my supervisor privately and explained the situation truthfully. I explained the procedure and why I would need time off, and why I wouldn't know until the day before of the day of the procedure (i.e. why I couldn't give any advance notice of having to be out). I also explained that the success rates are rather low and it might take several tries. They were very supportive of me. Good luck!
  • Options
    I did exactly the same this week....I spoke to my boss in private as well...lol in fact she offered to give me the injections if I needed her too!!

I think when you are honest and upfront and give advance notice, they are alot more understanding...

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Same thing for me... I let my job know the day before that I had a medical appointment and had to be there... they had no problem giving me the day off.