Options

Donor 13465

Traveller_xTraveller_x Posts: 2
edited July 10, 2020 11:55PM in Ask California Cryobank

Hello, i sent an email to your customer service email and was supposed to get a response within 48 hours but its been months and i still didn't get anything. I just found out about this bulletin board.

I used this donor for an IUI recently and on the sperm analysis report, they said the sample was pinkish/redish in color which is an indication of blood. Is there any reason why the vial will be this color? I've researched a bit on this and that color indicates the presense of blood in the semen. I'm worried about that.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Traveller_xTraveller_x Posts: 2
    edited July 11, 2020 12:02AM

Another question, could you give me pregnancy stats and no of live births for donor 15952.

• Options

@Traveller_x Did you receive a response to your post above regarding donor 13465's sample? I'm interested in using that donor but would like to know the outcome of your question before I proceed.

Thanks!

• Options

Hi @Traveller_x @LeahR - I sincerely apologize for the delay with a response. We've had some staffing changes due to COVID-19 and we've also received a surge in requests since clinics re-opened.

The pink color in the vial is normal. It's related to the wash media that we use when we wash the sample. (If for any reason blood was detected in the sample it would be discarded.)

And here's pregnancy/birth info for both donors:

Donor 13465: More than 5 reported pregnancies, more than 5 reported births (His vials may be limited soon for just sibling use, so if you're interested in him don't wait too long because you may be the last new family to purchase his vials.)

Donor 15952: More than 5 reported pregnancies, less than 5 reported births (Most babies are expected later this year or next year)

Regards,

Nicole
    California Cryobank