Options

Very low total motile sperm count

Hello,

I'm wondering what the process is to get a refund for unused vials. My partner had a second IUI today with a second set of disappointing numbers. We're unwilling to waste any more time using inadequate samples. This last sample was 4.3 million total motile sperm. Our RE is recommending that we at least change donors. We are waiting for 30 days to be up to file the paper work for the first refund and will have to do the same for the second. I'm not interested in wasting any more time (and limited insurance dollars) and would like to return the remaining four and get reimbursed for the two substandard samples. We are extremely disappointed and frustrated. We don't want to waste four more months and are NOT okay with being refunded 50% for the unused vials.

Thank you,

Erin

Comments

• Options
    Hi Erin -

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience thus far. Those numbers sound like something is certainly wrong. Please contact Melonee at mevans@cryobank.com. She will be able to help you with the credit and exchange. She can also be reached by phone through Client Services at 866-927-9622.

We will want to investigate to better understand the cause of the substandard report. Melonee will contact your physician directly after speaking with you.

Don't worry. When your credit is issued, it will be for the full cost of the vial(s). We do not do partial credits like some banks (which is ridiculous).

Again, I'm sorry for your difficulties. I'm sure we can find you a new donor if necessary and get back on track before your partner's next cycle (of course, I will still keep my fingers crossed that yesterday's insemination was a success).

Regards,

Scott
    CCB
  • Options
    Erin -- Were these low sperm counts for Donor 12322, who I know you wrote about in the past. Thanks for letting us know, as we are considering using him soon.
  • Options
    Nope. We didn't end up going with 12322 so unsure of his counts. And we switched from the donor with poor samples and got a donor with a much better count. It was interesting because the first donors stuff didn't thaw well apparently. The pre freezing numbers were better than the new donor. We were initially disappointed thinking we were going to have a third poor sample but it ended up at 14 mil plus motile sperm after thawing which was pretty decent.

Erin